Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Computer Help Needed

Likes (received)

Default Computer Help Needed

Okay, I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 489 errors on my computer. Are there any free downloadable programs that could fix this or do I have to buy something? If you can provide a link to a site that has a free download, that'd help a LOT. I tried Registry Cleaner but since I didn't buy it I could only clear 20 errors, which doesn't exactly do much. All help is greatly appreciated.

Okay, well I guess all I can do is buy something. Is using it self-explanatory or what? I mean in terms of installing it...has anyone ever used a registry cleaner? Sorry, I suck with computers. All I can do is delete Internet files and defrag.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if you could recommend a reputable registry cleaner that'd be nice. I'm sorry...my thing is guitar, not computers or anything mechanical.
    Last edited by Kawakami Gensai; 1st October 2005 at 22:34.

Likes (received)

AVG anti virus HERE

SPYBOT Search and Destroy HERE

HTH
    Jim Boone

Flick Lives!

Likes (received)

You could try Regseeker
    John Anderson

MarkF Guest

After trying registry cleaners of the freeware type, I downloaded (this one will only correct a few, also unless you pay) system mechanic. When I use it regularly, I have very few problems. I also run spybot and Ad-Aware Personal (freeware) but I rarely have anything but low-rated tracking cookies and few of them. I have never had any spyware to remove.

Could be I am overdoing it, but as I said, I never have any problems now. I think System Mechanic is $29.95, but it is worth it. I had somewhere in the neighboorhood of 400-500 problems before I ran system mechanic's full version and now I rarely have more then three dozen total IF I run it once weekly. More often, fewer problems. Less often, more problems. As long as you do it regularly you should find almost instant relief from any problems you have in running your computer.

I think you can get it from http://www.pctools.com .

BTW: If your problems are in the nature of speed, try http://www.broadbandreports.com/drdsl if you have dsl. The free tool they let you download is an easy way of adjusting your receive buffer (RWIN value), and a host of others. Plus, you can run it using their online tester with recommendations if your adjustments are not the best. You can do so by hand but without a tool like the drdsl, make sure to backup your registry before doing anything. If you run WinXP, made sure it is set to create a restore point.

Mark