Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any autumn pictures?

Likes (received)

Thumbs up Any autumn pictures?

Help me remember what the non-desert world looks like by posting links or pictures of autumnal scenes for my desktop.

Please.

I need some pics of Japan; does anyone have some fall pics or links? None of the trees here have pretty leaves turning.

Today it is still 85 degrees or so...
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

theres a nice summer one of Himeji castle on my website to cheer you up!

http://chidokan.tripod.com/id15.html
    Tim Hamilton

Why are you reading this instead of being out training? No excuses accepted...

Likes (received)

Very nice, but who's this guy with a mustache in all of them???

Looks like you all had a great trip!
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

Something like this...
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------

Likes (received)

Here's a New England fall scene. These pics were shot last weekend on the top of Mt. Washington, NH. I wasn't there, but I did a winter summit of Washington years ago - it looked about the same.

Here are links to some interesting pics taken last weekend.

!http://www.mountwashington.org/comme...5/IMG_2931.jpg
    !http://www.mountwashington.org/comme.../YankeeTim.jpg
    !http://www.mountwashington.org/comme...DeckSpears.jpg

Likes (received)

Here's a New England fall scene.
    Oh yes. You all had a bit of rain or something last week, didn't you.

My hometown in WY has set national records for snowfall...Sometimes our first snow would be in September and our last in May. But it would usually blow away or melt. Now with global warming it is a bit balmier.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------

Likes (received)

The leaves have only really just started turning here in Tokyo..It's not much to look at yet..But I got these last weekend..Maybe you could use them?
    Last edited by fifthchamber; 24th October 2005 at 06:40.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

And here is one that I was happy with..Not autumnal particularly..But it caught the moment..
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

Default Korean images

The first image is a scanned Korean print, the second is a photo I took in Kyeongju, autumn 1994.

Likes (received)

Thanks for the pics guys. If you see anymore, feel free to post.

Ben, is momijigari an outdated or "old persons" thing to do in Japan, or do people still do it? Sounds a bit more trouble than it's worth with the "autumn leaf front" science. But when I was a kid, my mom would actually take me up along the Rockies to see the aspens turning golden. It was nice.

Happy B-day, btw.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------

Likes (received)

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
    Yeah..Momijigari is still done..But none of my kids here would choose to do it..They are often dragged along by their parents..Much like the UK I think..Heh..It's often easier with the front predictions too..But it does take some of the magic out of it..
    We do momijigari in my dojo too, it's a technique...But that hurts..I'm often dragged into it by my Sensei...Same thing, same mind I guess is what I'm looking for..
    Regards.
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。

Likes (received)

Yah I am not really the type to plan such trips or anything. And you bet if I was in high school I would think it severely uncool. But I was fortunate to get that love for mama nature drilled into me as a kid. It was always fun.

Actually we don't train any technique with that name. Sorry for the confusion. I was talking only about the leaf-observing.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------

Likes (received)

I agree..
    But modern kids have Playstation and therefore don't need the cold and rain that goes along with nature at this time of the year...I still love it..But then like you say..My parents made me do it until I liked it..And we only had the Amiga 600 to occupy us then..
    Ben Sharples.
    智は知恵、仁は思いやり、勇は勇気と説いています。