Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Katanas for Sale Good cutters!

Likes (received)

Default Katanas for Sale Good cutters!

Hi all,

I happen to have 2 very good Japanese style Katana for sale and they are pretty good. I have a cutom Imperial Forge blade not sold to the public I have one of few in production. Blue cotton Ito with a white same panel wrap and a black Saya. The blade uses T10 high carbon and it has a very dismal polish, but the Hamon is very visible. Black Brass Fuchi Kashira and Tsuba and Brass habaki and seppa. Good Looking blade made for Beach Mat and Tatami cutting. The sword is thicker and wider than most chen blades, but it cuts allot better than a chen or Cold Steel.

I have used the blade to cut through some tatami double rolls and a few triple rolls it cut pretty well, the sword is pretty sharp. It has a bit of wear and tear on the polish and Saya from use. Also at the bottom of the saya the fit is to tight so it scratched up the blade a bit. Still a good blade. It retails for $700, but because of its use I will sell it for $300 and you pay shipping. Its meaurments are 28in blade with 11in tsuka. For that price you can't really say much but "ok".

The second blade I have is from Thaitsuki Nihonto. It is an 11 1/2 in tsuka with a 28in blade with double Bo Hi. The Ito is black silk and the Menuki and Fuchi Kashira are silver with a bird and bamboo motif. The Tsuba is brass and also in a bamboo motif. The Fittings and are all antiqued too look very old and Japanese. The fitting quality is Ok, but the sword is very light. The sword makes you want to do one handed cuts. The sword is a tad tip heavy, but it is well balanced.

The blade itself has good Shinogi Zukuri geometry with a Chu Kissaki. The steel is imported from Japan and pretty strong and flexible, but you have to put some muscle into it it does not bend very easy as most would think. The polish is pretty good and the Hamon is Notare and is clearly seen. The blade looks nice. The Saya fits pretty well except the mouth of the saya is tight, but the rest fits very well. The Saya and Tsuka core are made from aged Poplar wood and the saya is Lacqured in a Black Matte finish.

The Only major problem with it besides a few nicks and scratches here and there the edge is not that sharp anymore. At least not good enough for tatami. I can still cut Goza and Waza with it, but I know a guy in Florida who is a Yondan in Toyama Ryu and he is a perfesional Katana sharpener and has been doing so for 10 years. for $150 he can give you a razor sharp cutting edge or just $60 to sharpen the prime cutting area for the blade. Because of the wear and Tear as well as the semi sharp edge I will sell the blade for $550 when it retails for $825. I REALLY WANT TO SELL THESE BLADES I NEED THE MONEY, FOR THESE PRICES THE BLADES ARE A STEAL, SO PLESE MAIL ME AT shenobie16@yahoo.com for serious offers!
    Ricky Arias

Likes (received)

Come on people, I know allot of people on forums like these who own Paul Chen blades, many of witch have serious problems. As for the blades I have yeah they are not perfect, But I am selling them for a price far less than their retail and the discount prices a paul chen would be sold for.

I have cut with Paul Chen, Cold Steel, and Last Legend. I have also done cutting with older generation Bugei Crane and Samurai Katana. The blades I have are equal to the better last legend blades one can buy. I am working on sharpening the thaitsuki to get a sharper edge put back on it. I won't raise the price because I just want to get rid of the sword. The Imperial is a custom with a very cool looking design. It is still pretty sharp and I would rank it pretty high.

The Imperial is better than mast of the Better Chen blades I have seen. It has good cutting ability and it handles pretty well. It has some normal wear and tear, for for $300 you just can beaat it if you want a decient blade that can cut and forfill all general needs for sword practiace. Plese make me an offer and I will consider it. Mail me shenobie16@yahoo.com/
    Ricky Arias