Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bad news for those that wear Aluminium Foil Helmets

Talking Bad news for those that wear Aluminium Foil Helmets

Walter V. Kopitov

Likes (received)

Darnit Walt, I had just spent all weekend making one of these.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

** HISTORICAL FOOTNOTE: Aluminum was originally named "alumium" by Sir Humphry Davy, who later changed it to "aluminum" (perhaps in an attempt to make it more Latinized since alumen is Latin for alum, the aluminum compound that the name is derived from). The British (and allied English speakers) shortly thereafter changed the name once more, this time to "aluminium" so that it would again match the pattern of most other elements (helium, sodium, etc.), while the North Americans eventually decided to keep the second, slightly more traditional name. I predict that North Americans will adopt the more regular "-ium" spelling by the year 2050, prompting the British to start calling it "alumininium". At that point debate can begin on changing "platinum" to "platinium"
    Fat chance of that happening. We just call the thing Tin Foil.

Likes (received)

Default Hey, I know....

Tinfoilium!!
    David Anderson
    Calgary, Alberta

"Swords are the rosary of Aikido"

D. H. Skoyles Sensei 04/03/01

Nakayamakai KoAikido dojo

Likes (received)

I still call aluminum foil "tin foil," and occasionally catch myself calling the refrigerator an "ice box." I'm leaning toward "fridge" now, though, because it's easier.

I drive my niece crazy by calling "KFC" stores "Colonel Sander's." (Hey, when I first tasted those "Seven Herbs and Spices," the Colonel was selling his chicken coating mix to regular restaurants. His own franchises were still a few years away in my town.)

Warning: Do not wear foil helmets during a thunder storm! (No, I don't know this from experience.)

Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens
    Warning: Do not wear foil helmets during a thunder storm! (No, I don't know this from experience.)
    Damn, you had to go and spoil that

Likes (received)

You know, don't you, that the top "herb/spice" in the famous seven is monosodium glutamate...

Dang, now you got me remembering "Kentucky Fried Movie" ("Send him to... DETROIT!")

I still call aluminum foil "tin foil," and occasionally catch myself calling the refrigerator an "ice box." I'm leaning toward "fridge" now, though, because it's easier.

I drive my niece crazy by calling "KFC" stores "Colonel Sander's." (Hey, when I first tasted those "Seven Herbs and Spices," the Colonel was selling his chicken coating mix to regular restaurants. His own franchises were still a few years away in my town.)

Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Default Brain damage?

I'm wondering....

Could tin foil helmets keep microwaves from damaging the brain? Can the safety on a microwave be cheated? Will my head fit in the microwave? I think you all see where this is going results in the morning… If I don’t post again the results were inconclusive and I forgot what I was doing.
    All My Best,

Todd Wayman

"…since karate is a martial art, you must practice with the utmost seriousness from the very beginning."

- G. Funakoshi, Karate-Do Nyumon, 1943

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by twayman
    I'm wondering....

Could tin foil helmets keep microwaves from damaging the brain? Can the safety on a microwave be cheated? Will my head fit in the microwave? I think you all see where this is going results in the morning… If I don’t post again the results were inconclusive and I forgot what I was doing.
    I'm fairly sure I know what's going to happen... Can we call you "Baldy" from now on? Or would you prefer "Nearly Scalpless Tim?"
    Trevor Johnson

Low kicks and low puns a specialty.

Bill Gallant Guest

I drive my niece crazy by calling "KFC" stores "Colonel Sander's." (Hey, when I first tasted those "Seven Herbs and Spices," the Colonel was selling his chicken coating mix to regular restaurants. His own franchises were still a few years away in my town

We just call it "dead Bird"

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by twayman
    I'm wondering....

What you have to remember though is if you are going to do that, trip the safety switch on the door latch. That is what stops the magnatron from firing up. I would say 3 minutes on 75% for a 650 watt oven.