Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello All.

Light Samurai Guest

Default Hello All.

Sorry guys for being a total jerk and not knowing enough about Aikido to join Aikido Masters - you all were RIGHT, and I will trust you from now on. It has been four months since I have stopped going there - and still wish to learn Aikido, or any old style ryuha.

Does anyone have any Dojos near Allentown?

I was looking at Kinokawa Aikido, and somethings seems off - Am I wrong, and can somone help me out?

Another alternative is Genbukan Kobushi Dojo, which I have yet to look at.

Thank you all for your time.

Namo Buddhaya!

EDIT: Fixed typo's.

Likes (received)

I would think that both kinokawa and kokikai should be fine.

How about this aikikai dojo?
    http://www.lehighvalleyaikikai.com/index.html
    Jakob Blomquist

Likes (received)

Rick,

I have sent you a Private Message. Check your In Box.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Light Samurai
    Sorry guys for being a total jerk and not knowing enough about Aikido to join Aikido Masters - you all were RIGHT, and I will trust you from now on. It has been four months since I have stopped going there - and still wish to learn Aikido, or any old style ryuha.

I was looking at Kinokawa Aikido, and somethings seems off - Am I wrong, and can somone help me out?

Namo Buddhaya!

EDIT: Fixed typo's.
    How far is Allentown from Doylestown? There is a very good dojo there. See the contact info below. Lyons sensei trained as an uchideshi under Chiba sensei in San Diego CA for 6 years, and then trained as an uchideshi at Hombu dojo in Tokyo Japan under former Doshu. I have had the privilage to train with and under Lyons sensei on many occasions, and he is an amazing teacher.

Bucks County Aikido
    www.buckscountyaikido.com/
    Chief Instructor: George Lyons, 6th dan Shidion
    802 New Galena Road
    Doylestown, PA 18901
    215.249-8462 FAX 215.249-8463
    Tim Mailloux

Likes (received)

Possiibly too far to go...but if someone is dedicated, they could do it. I was just there this past weekend for the second time. I really like training there. Juba Noir Sensei was down again, and it was just too close to pass up.

I used to train with a branch dojo from Kinokawa Aikido years ago. The instructor up there seemed fine to me...and really good at aikido too. But it's been several years since I've seen him, and I never trained up there.

Don't know the other place.

Best,
    Ron
    Last edited by Ron Tisdale; 17th November 2005 at 14:29.

Light Samurai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aikilove
    I would think that both kinokawa and kokikai should be fine.

How about this aikikai dojo?
    http://www.lehighvalleyaikikai.com/index.html
    Hey there.

I seem to REALLY like it there, but Bethlehem is 45 minutes away - Not that to far away, but not the best, right now. Once I can drive, I'd be happy to go.

Thanks, and I will consider that one for sure. =)

Likes (received)

You should use the Dojo search engine on Aiki Web
    www.aikiweb.com. But Ron knows his Aikido and is in PA, I would find the dojos in 'commutable' distance and see if he has any experience with them.

Light Samurai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Feldman
    You should use the Dojo search engine on Aiki Web
    www.aikiweb.com. But Ron knows his Aikido and is in PA, I would find the dojos in 'commutable' distance and see if he has any experience with them.
    I'm going to try the Lehigh Valley Aiki-kai.

Peace

Likes (received)

I've seen the head instructor there at some of the John Stevens workshops. Good aikido. I think a polish guy named Andrew studies there too...He is also very good. You should be ok there.

Best,
    Ron

Light Samurai Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Tisdale
    I've seen the head instructor there at some of the John Stevens workshops. Good aikido. I think a polish guy named Andrew studies there too...He is also very good. You should be ok there.

Best,
    Ron
    Thanks Ron. =)

Do you think you could find the phone number to the Dojo, or to the headmaster that is teaching there, so I could let mt Mom give him a call?

Peace. =)

Likes (received)

I'm going to try the Lehigh Valley Aiki-kai.
    Thanks Ron. =)

Do you think you could find the phone number to the Dojo, or to the headmaster that is teaching there, so I could let mt Mom give him a call?
    I'm not Ron, but here's their Web address: Lehigh Valley Aikikai. Click on the links along the top of the page to access the schedule, instuctors' biographies, etc. Click on the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page to go to an e-mail page; you can enter your information and a message about wanting more information, and they can reply directly to your e-mail address.

You and your mother should feel confident in this school. The Aikikai is the "parent" or "central" Aikido organization, currently headed by Moriteru Ueshiba, the grandson of the Founder of Aikido, Morihei Ueshiba. It's a very large organization with many schools all over the world, so lots of opportunity to "stay with the program" if you move, go off to college, join the military, etc.

Good luck and best wishes in your training.
    Last edited by Brian Owens; 22nd November 2005 at 04:23.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

[QUOTE=Light Samurai;375018]Sorry guys for being a total jerk and not knowing enough about Aikido to join Aikido Masters - you all were RIGHT, and I will trust you from now on. It has been four months since I have stopped going there - and still wish to learn Aikido, or any old style ryuha.

Namo Buddhaya!

What happened that made you leave Aikido masters?

Likes (received)

Try the Dojo Locator at www.aikiweb.com