Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ninjutsu books a good Investment?

BillKeusis Guest

Default Ninjutsu books a good Investment?

Hello,

I have a question in regards to 3 books. I have a friend in Europe that can pick up three books by Masaaki Hatsumi. The three titles are Sengoku Ninpo Zukan, Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu and Hiden Ninja Submission. The total for the three books is $ 900.00. I cannot find any information on these books, as far as pricing. Are these books a good investment, at that price? I have checked the various online auction sites and have not found any information. Since I cannot read Japanese I would be buying them strictly as an investment opportunity since books are a good investment if you keep them for at least 5 to 10 years. Are the older Ninjutsu titles worth purchasing today?

Thank you for your help,

Bill Keusis

Likes (received)

Hi,
    yes I would say that is a good price. I have seen at least 2 of those books sell for the price of all three alone , so my advice would be get it quick.
    Steve Greenfield

Default Books

Greetings,

Those particular books are out of print but I have seen some reprints being sold at various places. I believe Richard Van Donk offers translations of them also at his site. When Sensei puts a book out, they usually go quick and there are a limitd number of them around.. from my experience. I have, however, seen copies of the old hanbo, spear, bo, and 'martial arts around the world' for sale at various Japanese book stores around Japan. I ordered Submission right from the publisher when it first came out and see copies of that one going for $400 and up on Ebay. The 'Taijutsu Book' is definitely a collectors item as well. Richard sells a a translated version along with re-done pictures .. all original pictures but amazing clear for copies. The Sengoku book is a fascinating read and will shed some light on the art. There are quite a few books out there that are now out of print or avail. only in limited quantity, hard to get, etc. I would say that if you had the resources to spare, you have a great opportunity. Maybe Richard can comment on some of these, as he may have some insights that are not readily known.

Best Wishes,
    Brian Tritico
    Bellaire Dojo
    Houston, Texas