Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Golden Oriole Katana

Likes (received)

Default Golden Oriole Katana

Is it a good sword for the price tag($500)
    and i have seen two different types of them the one that i have found that i like is foudn at this site http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEA...ITIONAL_IMAGES
    it is the only place i could find the one that looks like that but i am only wanting to pay about 500$ for a sword at the moment for that is all i can afford but as i seed before there is two different types that one is the one i like but it does not have a blood groove and the hand guard looks different to those of this one http://www.swordsofhonor.com/golorkat.html
    so i guess my questions are is this sword worth $500 and if so does any one know where i can find a the sword that was at the first site but $500

Likes (received)

The Golden Oriole is a nice sword if you like the mounting and the long tsuka [handle]. The current production has the grooved blade, earlier models had a non-grooved blade that was a little heavier.

You can shop around for the best price, but be sure that the dealer will take a return if the sword he sends you turns out to be a lemon...it's not unknown for defective swords to get into the sales channel, and it's more likely the lower the price. It's worth the extra money to buy from a reputable dealer.
    David Anderson
    Calgary, Alberta

"Swords are the rosary of Aikido"

D. H. Skoyles Sensei 04/03/01

Nakayamakai KoAikido dojo

Likes (received)

i am looking for the ealier ones is there a name diff. at all between them?