Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kiyota Company Inc.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by cxt View Post
    ...Thank you for posting the contact info. ...I purchased several bo from his firm some 10 years ago--great quality.
    You're welcome.

I may be buying again soon, too. My financial setback is improving and I declined nomination for a second term as Grand Knight in the K of C, so I may have the time and the funds to get back into training soon.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Mr. Kiyota is still in business. I buy most of my stuff from him. My mother used to take me into his shop when I was a kid and needed a new karate or judo gi. Even now when I go in he always asks about her and wishes her well. His prices do tend to vary based on how much he likes you or how well he knows you. He is as old school as it gets. I doubt he will ever have a website. He is getting up there in years and I don't think he is going to update with the times. Next time I go in for something I'll check on websites and see what he says... if I can remember. It is very easy to get off topic with him and chat about stuff for hours!
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

Likes (received)

Oh, cool. I haven't bought anything from him in years, but we used to get on pretty well. I wonder if he'll remember me. Glad to know he is still around. Guess I should have just asked you, huh?
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

I swear he remembers everything. I sorta remember him saying to someone he doesn't need a website due to the amount of business he does.

Going there is always great for the stories. The experience is worth anything extra he might charge you. I was in there last in September to have my iaito worked on (I am not an expert in sword maintenance, wanted someone who was to see what was actually loose).
    Pat Massey

Student of Shorin Ryu
    Student of Aikikai Aikido

Likes (received)

This is a little late but I did see Mr. Kiyota at the Baltimore Nihonto show back in Sept. He is still doing well. I didn't get to speak to him really as he was leaving and I was just coming in. He is still around and hopfully will be for a long time. Where would I get my dogi from then?
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

Likes (received)

Sorry to raise a dead(ish) thread but Mr. Kiyota has a website now.
    Looks like the domain was registered this past June.
    Not much on it, just a basic who we are/what we sell and how to order a catalog.

http://www.kiyotacompany.com/
    Joe Stitz

"Black belt and white belt are the same, white belt is the beginning of technique. Black belt is the beginning of understanding. Both are beginner belts."
    - Doug Perry -Hanshi, KuDan -Shorin Ryu ShorinKan

Likes (received)

Thank you!

Good to know

I have always been happy with my purchases from him.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2