Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Instructor inquiry

Likes (received)

Default Instructor inquiry

Any of you familiar with Vitold Jordan? He says he's trained all over Europe and the US, was a direct student of Kanai-sensei (I think I got that name right) and has godan under aikikai.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

abiniszk Guest

Default Vitold Jordan

Hi,
    I am from Poland and I have practiced aikido under Vitold Jordan for about 7 years (his real name is: Witold Kirmiel). About 1992 he left Poland and since than I have not heard about him - there were some religious reasons for leaving Poland...
    At that time he was the best in aikido in Poland (he had 3-rd dan - it was the higest rank at that time in Poland).
    It is true, he was a Kanai Sensei student for about 1 year.
    Do you have any contact address to Vitold?

Best regards - Adam

Likes (received)

oh lala!!! I can't believe it!!! He is back to aikido???? It would be very exciting news. I thought he is lost for aikido world forever.
    Yeah some kind of contact info will be very nice.
    regardz

Szczepan Janczuk

Likes (received)

I don't have a direct contact for him. Last year he was teaching at the local YMCA. His aikido seemed very good, the iaido less so but then it's always a little tricky judging koryu you haven't seen. He now has made his own martial art which is a combination of his aikido and iaido training and is marketing it for Christians as he is also a pastor of some sort I gathered. You could try phoning the Y and asking for contact info but I'm not sure he's still teaching there. The phone number is (306) 652-7515 country code 1 (Canada).
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

Likes (received)

thx Neil
    regardz

Szczepan Janczuk