Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intro...

Likes (received)

Post Intro...

Hi guys,

This is just what it says in the title: an introduction. I only just joined (literally today) and thought I should introduce myself.

My life in the martial arts started when I was six years old with Judo but I only practiced for five years--back then it was more a pastime than genuine dedication--and had to give it up when we moved to London. At the age of fourteen, I started Kendo, taking up Iaido and Jodo about three years later.

Apart from Budo, I'm currently a second-year student of Japanese at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.

~You don't want to know my name...no, really...you don't...
    Jack Ketch

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by FutsuEiBeiJin
    ~You don't want to know my name...no, really...you don't...
    Actually, we do.

Remember what you agreed to when you joined?

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! If you are interested in registering at e-budo, we do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. We pride ourselves on having quality discussions and have instituted the following four fundamental rules for membership:

1. Please sign your posts with your full real name. First names are not enough, but you may abbreviate your first name. Thus, the following are allowable: John Doe, J Doe. If you look under your control panel options (user cp button) you will find the option to set your signature. You must set up your signature data field with your full real name. Failure to do so will result in your account being rejected.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Bah! Ok edited it. Thanks for pointing this out to me...
    Jack Ketch

Likes (received)

You're welcome. And welcome to E-Budo.

I see you're in the UK. It's 11:38PM on the 26th here in Seattle, and I'm all alone at work because I volunteered for the holiday late shift (since Christmas fell on a Sunday, the government and many businesses have an "observed" holiday today).

What time (and date) is it "over there"?
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Ermm...at this exact moment in time I'm spending the Christmas holidays in Tokyo but I do live in the UK...in London, it should be about 7:43am but here in Tokyo it's currently 16:43...hmm...maybe I should change my location as well...?
    Jack Ketch

Likes (received)

...maybe I should change my location as well...?
    Nah; not if it's a temporary stay.

That's cool that you get to spend time in Japan, given your current studies.

Are you just visiting independently, or are you there on a school tour or visiting friends/relatives?
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

I'm here independently and burning a hole through my bank account in the process! The ticket to Japan was one of my Christmas presents and my dad knows someone who lives here so I'm staying in his flat. Ah the perks of knowing the right people what do you do for a living that gives you internet access?
    Jack Ketch

Likes (received)

...what do you do for a living that gives you internet access?
    I'm a transit supervisor/dispatcher.

I manage to get on for a few minutes between calls most nights, and since we're on a reduced holiday schedule today I have very little work to do.

I had one relief driver get off route an hour ago, but I managed to talk her through the residential areas and back to the freeway without crashing, so not too much paperwork.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

I'd be surprised if you got much work at this time at night on a day like this.
    Jack Ketch