Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stolen Kotetsu

Likes (received)

Make sure you look at your local pawn shops.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Cool Stolen Kotetsu

Hello everyone,
    Thank you all for the support.
    I haven't found anything at this time. Not sure which number Hataya Kotetsu this was. The expensive one......
    I do know that the thief was after my locksmithing tools and saw the blade as a bonus. I do not keep my swords in the garage, they are always close to me inside the house. I just so happened to be working on my saya at the time I was hit. I am very greatful that the two other blades I have lined up for saya work were kept in the house....those weren't mine. That would have been devistating.
    Anyway, I have had support in building another blade. Soon I will have another, will still try to search around pawn shops and classifieds for the old one. I don't want to put together an angry blade right now so I will hold off and borrow until the Tai Kai.
    Thank you all for everything and hope to see you soon, please continue to keep your eyes peeled. I appreciate it very much.
    Respectfully Submitted,

David Verdugo 1%
    Senpokan Dojo, CA

Likes (received)

Does anyone have a way to contact the OP outside of the forums? I believe I am in possession of his sword which I purchased at the end of last year (2016). I had not realized it until I stumbled across this thread about a week ago while looking for info on Hataya Kotetsu. I will attempt to pm him as well.

Best wishes.
    Go S.

4. Likes cxt liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiG View Post
    Does anyone have a way to contact the OP outside of the forums? ...I will attempt to pm him as well.
    He last visited this site in May of 2006. You can try a PM, but I suspect he no longer receives them.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

6. Likes cxt liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
    He last visited this site in May of 2006. You can try a PM, but I suspect he no longer receives them.
    I have sent him a message, and I am afraid that you are probably right. More than ten years. I have tried to reach out to Big Tony as well, as I know the OP trained at the Senpokan.

If it is indeed his sword I want to do as much as I can to get in touch with him and I really hope it is possible.
    Go S.

8. Likes cxt liked this post
    Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiG View Post
    I have sent him a message, and I am afraid that you are probably right. More than ten years. I have tried to reach out to Big Tony as well, as I know the OP trained at the Senpokan.

If it is indeed his sword I want to do as much as I can to get in touch with him and I really hope it is possible.
    If David is still connected to the Senpokan Dojo, you may be able to reach him through Tony Alvarez sensei.

See http://www.senpokan.com/contactSenpokan.shtml

Devon

10. Likes cxt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2