Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Phil Relnick interview on AJ

Likes (received)

Default Phil Relnick interview on AJ

Since he has contributed so greatly to SMR and budo, and there are quite a few of his students on this forum, I thought you all might be interested in this reprint of an old interview between Mr. Relnick and Aikido Journal. It's a bit old, but very interesting I think. I am wondering if the organization Japan Martial Arts Society exists now--I didn't find much from a Google search.

AJ Interview

Perhaps it's been posted here before, but I only read it recently.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.

Likes (received)

JMAS is, sadly, no more. It ran out of steam in about, what, 1991? That interview was done a very long time ago, before I was training with Relnick Sensei, though I was part of the interviewing team. Much of what is in it is completely out of date, I fear.

Hope this helps!

Diane Skoss

Likes (received)

Thanks! I really enjoyed the first part of the interview the most, with his personal training history. Always good stories.

K.
    J. Nicolaysen
    -------
    "I value the opinion much more of a grand master then I do some English professor, anyways." Well really, who wouldn't?

We're all of us just bozos on the budo bus and there's no point in looking to us for answers regarding all the deep and important issues.--M. Skoss.