Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dojo in Colorado

Likes (received)

Default Dojo in Colorado

In Denver, contact Jean Yien, teaching naginata under the guidance of Helen Nakano Sensei of the SCNF. Jean also has experience in aikido, and is a great teacher:

DENVER BUDDHIST TEMPLE
    1947 Lawrence
    Denver, CO 80202
    Monday: 7:00 - 8:30 PM
    Instructor: J. Yien

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Default Naginata & Jodo in Denver, Colorado?

A friend of mine is looking for a dojo in Denver when she moves out there for school. Her particular interest is in learning the naginata.

Shy of Jean Yien at the Buddhist Temple (thank you, Mr. Scott), are there any teachers of naginata in the Denver area?

I heard tell of several Toda-ha Buko Ryu students in the area.

Does anyone have any contact info for a dojo or teacher? Any suggestions for dojo (for anything - naginata, aikido, jujutsu etc.) in the area?

Thanks,

- Chris McGaw

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    ~Ernest Hemingway

Likes (received)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by No1'sShowMonkey View Post
    A friend of mine is looking for a dojo in Denver when she moves out there for school. Her particular interest is in learning the naginata.

Shy of Jean Yien at the Buddhist Temple (thank you, Mr. Scott), are there any teachers of naginata in the Denver area?

I heard tell of several Toda-ha Buko Ryu students in the area.

Does anyone have any contact info for a dojo or teacher? Any suggestions for dojo (for anything - naginata, aikido, jujutsu etc.) in the area?

Thanks,

- Chris McGaw
    Try here in Denver: Rocky Mountain Nagonata Fed. Dojo List
    Raymond Sosnowski

"Setsunintoh, Katsuninken, Shinmyohken."

Likes (received)

Mr. Sosnowski,

Thank you for the reference. Most helpful.

An addendum to my first post. I was mistaken in stating that there were perhaps Toda-ha Buko-ryu practitioners in Denver. I believe I had Toda-Ha Buko-ryu confused with perhaps Tendo-ryu?

It has hard to keep all of the ryu straight; naginata is not exactly my area of study.

I apologize for the misinformation.

- Chris McGaw

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    ~Ernest Hemingway