Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Minosaka sword-smiths?

Likes (received)

Default Minosaka sword-smiths?

Hey hey!

I have a bundle of questions related to the frequently mentioned "Minosaka sword-smiths". More specifically, I've seen numerous iaito-retailers referr to as having their swords made by the "famous "Minosaka" sword-smiths".

I did a few google-searches for minosaka and came up with an all-japan website selling iaitos. Of course since it was in japanese it didn't give me much written info. I did notice however that many iaitos available from minosaka look identical to the Tozando line-up. (Is that a coincidence?)

I also saw a european iaito-retailer, ( www.swords-and-more.com has at least one iaito described as having been made by the "famous "Minosaka" sword-smiths".

Are the minosaka sword-smiths as so frequently mentioned, and the minosaka corporation the same thing? And is Tozando getting their swords from the Minosaka corporation due to the VERY similar sword-models? If I buy a iaito from the above mentioned european retailer, will I get good quality as they are from Minosaka?

Forgive my newbiness..but I'm...well..new! ^^

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Likes (received)

Hello Fred27

Welcome

I moved this to the sword crafts and sword questions section.

Can you sign posts with your real name please.

Going to user cp and clicking edit signature is even easier
    Hyakutake Colin

All the best techniques are taught by survivors.

http://www.hyoho.com

Likes (received)

Okies, my bad. Signature added.
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius