Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: your favourite dish

Likes (received)

Default Hanmono anyone??

Konbanwa everyone,

I collected some hanmono (rice with XX) further for lunch.

First off will be Tororodon, Unadon with tororo on top.

Next will be barachirashi, many Japanese refer it as a jewel box for lunch. If you can't decide which neta to have as sushi just order this.

How about soupchahan to refresh you mind and stomach after a hangover?

What do you think?

K.Miwa
    Tri-ring of Japan
    ŽO—Ö?@?K‰î

Likes (received)

I used to live in Kagawa-ken, and having been insanely immersed into the local culture, it kinda goes without say that I'm a die-hard sanuki udon fan. Tenpura udon's my favorite, but I also like daikon udon. We had a bunch of udon-ya in my town that gave discounts to students in uniform... my kendo club had a tradition of going for udon after we had a particularly hard practice... good times.

Other than that, I actually like a good Japanese breakfast. Every week or two I'll boil up a cup of miso soup, fry up some tamagoyaki, get a cup of Japanese rice and mix natto into it. Since I don't have any real tsukemono, I have to settle for umeboshi, though that does the job well.
    -Jason Kumar

Georgia Tech Kendo Club
    www.cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/kendoclub

Likes (received)

Default Food

Tri-Ring you had me laughing so hard I was almost crying! What did you do go around and take pictures in every restaurant in town? Great stuff!!!!

My favs- all sushi, takoyaki, unagi, kaki fri, edamame with hot saki, uden, hmmmm I guess I just love everything!

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito
    Tri-Ring you had me laughing so hard I was almost crying! What did you do go around and take pictures in every restaurant in town? Great stuff!!!!

My favs- all sushi, takoyaki, unagi, kaki fri, edamame with hot saki, uden, hmmmm I guess I just love everything!
    Hirai-san,

Welcome to E-Budo.

Please sign all your posts with your full name.

これからよろしくお願いいたします。
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Gotta agree with Brian Ownes on the Chicken Karaage, I love the stuff, but the best thing I ate when I was there was the basashi (horse sashimi) in Kumamoto. All good. I ate a plate of the stuff, much to my sensei's amusement. He told me I would be very ill the next day. He was right, though the shochu afterwards can't have helped.

But basashi all the way. Anyone going to Kumamoto should try it (not the crap stuff you get with a little bowl of shoyu in Tokyo izakaya.)
    Stuart Gibson

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Owens
    Maybe they use different terms in the Phillipines, but over here a California Maki is one that always contains avacado (a leading produce in California), and usually crab/imitation crab (but sometimes shrimp/prawn) and cucumber.

They are often made "inside out" with the rice on the outside and rolled in sesame seeds.

I have always known the tuna roll as Tekka maki -- So named because it was invented at Takka Ba (or Tekka Jo -- I've heard both), a gambling establishment.

HTH.
    Oops! Kind of forgot this thread. Yes, my mistake about the names. I stand corrected with regards to the California Maki and the Tekka Maki. Both are great eatin'.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Hieroteo Villarosa V

Likes (received)

The last time I was in Japan, in 2004, it appeared one of the new trends was "high-end" yakitori restaurants. There were a couple of these I went to several times near my wife's family's home in Yokohama. They had an extensive list of different kinds and creative combinations of finely seasoned meat and vegetables cooked on yakitori sticks, plus, a selection of premium shochu, some of which I understand was nearly impossible to find in retail stores. It was some of the best and most unique restaurant food I've ever eaten.
    Charles Ainsworth

Likes (received)

any of the various "nabe"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2