Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Groin sprain?!

Likes (received)

Default Groin sprain?!

So I have this lump between my scrotum (ball sack) and thigh. The lump is the size of my thumb nail, and is apparently full of antibodies, liquidy puss stuff, and other go-go-heal time things that my body has produced.

I think I got it when I was warming up and doing straight leg stretches. Anyways, the thing isn't painful anymore and is not as swollen, but has anyone had this?

Its been 5 days, when will it dissapear?!

Thanks
    Warren Mirko

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex
    So I have this lump between my scrotum (ball sack) and thigh. The lump is the size of my thumb nail, and is apparently full of antibodies, liquidy puss stuff, and other go-go-heal time things that my body has produced.
    That doesn't sound like a sprain or strain injury to one of the groin muscles (sartorius, etc.), but more like an infection lodged in a lymph node. (There is a string of them in that area.)

If it doesn't go away in a few more days, or if it gets worse or you feel a fever coming on or anything, I'd head for the doctor.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Possibilities include:

An Abscess

A femoral hernia (the only one of the 3 which could possibly be considered a sprain or strain injury)

An enlarged lymph node.

I agree with Brian, see someone if it does not go away or becomes red, hot or painful..
    Robert Gassin
    Melbourne ShorinjiKempo Branch
    Australia

"Never fight an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience"