Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Strategies for Running a dojo business & keeping tradition in line

Likes (received)

Default Strategies for Running a dojo business & keeping tradition in line

Does anybody know of resources for running a school where the commercial focus is strong but the traditions remain (NAPMA is not an example of this in my mind). At http://www.downloadkarate.com/index.asp?Sec_ID=280 they have a good startegy article (and some other resources) but would like any other sites that combine business and traditional practice?

Thanks

Likes (received)

Thumbs up Try these guys

United Professionals is better in my opinion. I used to belong to NAPMA, but information was being regurgitated. UP offers a variety of programs to use the way you like. Website is www.unitedprofessionals.com.
    With respect,

Mitch Saret

Likes (received)

Anybody have any experience (pro or con) with MAIA?

TIA!
    Peter Miles

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Saret
    United Professionals is better in my opinion. I used to belong to NAPMA, but information was being regurgitated. UP offers a variety of programs to use the way you like. Website is www.unitedprofessionals.com.

I just went to threir photo album section and they seemed to be connected to the XMA stuff. Check out the "Star Trek" Gis
    [CENTER]Robert Rousselot

[B][I]Yeah, I’m humble…..I’m just not obsequious--- me [/I][/B]
    [B][I]Human behavior flows from three main sources; desire, emotion, and knowledge --- Plato[/I][/B][/CENTER]

Likes (received)

Been a member of MAIA for several years now, some good information. Personally for my Dojo I use and interact with the EFC, over here in the UK they are very good at dealing with everything while not interferring with how you run the Dojo.

Main thing is whichever way you go, its what you do with the information when you get it that counts.
    Dave Pawson
    Bujinkan Kokoro Dojo

Likes (received)

Cool program options

Originally posted by RobertRousselot

I just went to threir photo album section and they seemed to be connected to the XMA stuff. Check out the "Star Trek" Gis
    At their annual convention Mike Chat was there to introduce and hype his program, and of course the uniforms that go with them. It's just one program UP schools can buy. Not a requirement by any means. As a consulting company they are getting information out to the clients. They also have a weight loss program called Lean 'N' Fit by Cliff Lenderman, A training program by Roland Osborne, and others.
    With respect,

Mitch Saret