Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fujita Seiko?

Likes (received)

Default Uchida Ryohei

Quote Originally Posted by Fred27
    Did Uchida Ryohei ever achieve Menkyo by the way?
    I believe Uchida Ryohei recieved a Menkyo Kaiden , because he issued Nakayama Hakudo one.
    Last edited by bushikan; 27th November 2006 at 02:29. Reason: mis-spelling
    Jeffrey Karinja

Likes (received)

>Hello, Does any one know where I can find or buy these books?

Now that buyubooks has closed down, I have no idea where they can be got. Perhaps through ebay in Japan.

I'm lucky I got my Shuriken Zukai by Fujita from them when I did...

cheers,

Mekugi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JasonW
    >Hello, Does any one know where I can find or buy these books?

Now that buyubooks has closed down, I have no idea where they can be got. Perhaps through ebay in Japan.

I'm lucky I got my Shuriken Zukai by Fujita from them when I did...

cheers,
    I can get all of these books.

Just drop me a line.

-Russ

Likes (received)

Hello gents,

With reference to the atemi book by Seiko Fujita I was wondering if any of you were familiar with'
    L'art Sublime et Ultime des points de vie (Relié) by Henri Plee.

I understand it was written in conjuction with Seiko Fujita and was wondering whether it is worth getting. I haven't been able to look at this at all but as I can muddle through in French thought it might be worth it's cost.
    Thank you for your time
    Paul

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekugi
    It lists Shimizu sensei's major students and glory be there lies Fujita Seiko's name!! Is it accurate? I have no idea, but the other names that it lists are spot on, even with very accurate details.
    Are you saying that Fujita was a student of Shimizu?
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Mekugi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by George Kohler
    I'm not saying it...but merely repeating the way it appears in the book (unless I am mistaken). I can scan the page if anyone wants to see it.

Likes (received)

I'm not saying it...but merely repeating the way it appears in the book (unless I am mistaken). I can scan the page if anyone wants to see it.
    Yes thank you. I would like to have that scan.

Mekugi Guest

This list is found on page 129. I tried to attach a larger scan of the entire page, but the size limit on e-budo keeps it from being legible. Looking back at this with a keener eye, it appears that Mr. Fujita may have just been a "junior" to Shimizu sensei- although I am not sure how to interpret that because Mr. Fujita was in Tokyo for the mostpart.
    Last edited by Mekugi; 4th December 2006 at 17:47.

Likes (received)

Russ,
    My Japanese is not good these days, but that list appears to the board of directors for the Zen Nihon Jodo Renmei. Not a lineage chart.
    Eric Montes

Likes (received)

Yes. Now I see it I agree with Mr. Montes that is not a chart of lineage but a list giving the board of directors for the Zen Nihon Jodo Renmei (presumable at the time of printing)

Mekugi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Montes
    Russ,
    My Japanese is not good these days, but that list appears to the board of directors for the Zen Nihon Jodo Renmei. Not a lineage chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by t.matsutaka
    Yes. Now I see it I agree with Mr. Montes that is not a chart of lineage but a list giving the board of directors for the Zen Nihon Jodo Renmei (presumable at the time of printing)
    Ahem...
    A lineage chart? Where are you getting this? I never said it was a lineage chart, did I? Looking back, I cannot find it in anything I have written. Please show me where I said this and quote me. While we are on this, I never said it was a barrel of monkeys either. Matter of fact, I was vague and it seems some blanks were filled in.

I said it was a list, and that it had most all of his major students...and there within them lies Fujita Seiko's name.
    Let me re-quote for posterity:
    There is a listing in the book Budo Nippon ( Morikawa Tetsuro, 39 Showa. Page 106; Press Tokyo.) for Shinto Muso Ryu. It lists Shimizu sensei's major students and glory be there lies Fujita Seiko's name!! Is it accurate? I have no idea, but the other names that it lists are spot on, even with very accurate details.
    Futhermore, there are several pictures of Shimizu sensei and Fujita Seiko in public settings floating around.
    Last edited by Mekugi; 5th December 2006 at 13:46.

Likes (received)

Russ,
    Correct. You didn't say it... but
    George Kohler wrote:
    and you replied:
    I'm not saying it...but merely repeating the way it appears in the book (unless I am mistaken)
    I am just saying that lineage considerations cannot be extrapolated from this list. Otofuji Sensei is also listed there.

Since this is the Board of Directors, I would expect that several people listed there had no Jo rank/relationship whatsoever and may have come from other Renmei/arts.

I have no other information on Fujita's relationship to Shimizu Sensei, so I cannot comment beyond that having his name listed there does not make him a student of Shimizu S. or of SMR.

Best,
    Eric
    Eric Montes

Mekugi Guest

I never wrote that Fujita Seiko was a student of Shimizu sensei's, so please do not accuse me of that. As a matter of fact, I stated that I never said it; merely describing what the book had in it- a list of names with many of Shimizu's students with Fujita's name in it (please re-read the quote you posted in its entirety). Again, I never implied in any way, shape or form that it was a lineage chart (the first mention of this is by you).
    I explained what I saw, nothing more- nothing less because I don't know what it means about Fujita Seiko's training in Jo. Please also notice I opened the first post of this with the word "ODDLY."

I really enjoy that fact that I can speak for myself, so please don't attempt to explain what I said to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Montes

I am just saying that lineage considerations cannot be extrapolated from this list. Otofuji Sensei is also listed there.

Since this is the Board of Directors, I would expect that several people listed there had no Jo rank/relationship whatsoever and may have come from other Renmei/arts.

I have no other information on Fujita's relationship to Shimizu Sensei, so I cannot comment beyond that having his name listed there does not make him a student of Shimizu S. or of SMR.

Best,
    Eric
    Last edited by Mekugi; 6th December 2006 at 12:27.

Likes (received)

Gentlemen,

Perhaps I can add an interesting bit of info that might be meaningful. Shimizu is listed prominently among those who attended Fujita's funeral, which is highly suggestive of a relationship between them. http://fujitaseiko.tripod.com/page9.html.

Concerning the observation by Russ that Fujita's kyusho/atemi book looks similar to that of Ichiden-ryu, I'd say that there may be something to his conclusion, as this art is listed as being a component of Fujita's Juhappan.

Returning to Jojutsu, does anyone here have any information about Fujita's Daien-ryu Jojutsu? I have a photocopy of his makimono from the same source as the obituary, but there is some difficulty with translating it due to blurring/pixelation.
    Phillip T. Hevener

Likes (received)

Russ:

I read your post pretty much the way Eric did. It seems clear that this quote is the source of the confusion:

Oddly enough...
    There is a listing in the book Budo Nippon ( Morikawa Tetsuro, 39 Showa. Page 106; Press Tokyo.) for Shinto Muso Ryu. It lists Shimizu sensei's major students and glory be there lies Fujita Seiko's name!! Is it accurate? I have no idea, but the other names that it lists are spot on, even with very accurate details.
    It is true that you question whether this is accurate, but your general tone seems to indicate that since the list "lists Shimizu Sensei's major students", you speculate that Fujita may have been one of them.

However, as others have pointed out already, this is not a list of Shimizu Sensei's students, or a list of the Shinto Muso Ryu, it is a list of the officials of the All Nippon Jodo Federation. Many of Shimizu Sensei's students may be on this list, but that does not make it a listing of his students. I think you were probably aware of that, but your post gives a different impression.

Fujita may or may not have been a student of Shimizu S. I don't really know or care. But this list doesn't prove anything one way or the other.
    Earl Hartman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast