Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fujita Seiko?

Mekugi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Hartman
    It is true that you question whether this is accurate, but your general tone seems to indicate that since the list "lists Shimizu Sensei's major students", you speculate that Fujita may have been one of them.
    Actually, I didn't contend, postulate or speculate that Fujita Seiko was a student of Shimizu Takaji's. In fact, in answering George's post, I stated *just that*. I am not sure how one gets tone from written material, but I'll take your word on it.

I repeat, I did not say that Fujita Seiko was a student of Shimizu sensei's anywhere and this summarizes the majority of the posts that follow my original- including this one.

Furthermore, I cannot be responsible for what other people assume, believe or think based on what I have not said. I can only attempt to explain what I mean if the question arises on what I have said, or convey what I intended to say if there is confusion.

Kudos,

Likes (received)

I have read the original post by Russ and all his subsequent ones, and no where do I see anything that recommends that his post be interpreted as many have. In addition to this, I might not sure how it adds to the quality of the discourse in this forum to ignore the interesting documentation Russ submitted, and instead launch into frenzied criticism of his writing style.

It would be nice to hear anything of substance that is responsive to the material Russ introduced. Even rumor would be preferable to pointless unresponsive arguement.
    Phillip T. Hevener

Mekugi Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by henso
    I have read the original post by Russ and all his subsequent ones, and no where do I see anything that recommends that his post be interpreted as many have. In addition to this, I might not sure how it adds to the quality of the discourse in this forum to ignore the interesting documentation Russ submitted, and instead launch into frenzied criticism of his writing style.
    I wrote the (those) post (s) hastily, without any editing and my writing style is indeed subject to criticism- I admit that openly. I'm not a professional writer, nor did I had the time to edit those posts the way I would have liked to, and verily, that is my fault. Yet, it seems no matter how many times I have explained myself regarding the vagueness of my original post(s), the argument has turned into one of ad hominem . I am writing the same thing over (and over,) which certainly is not only redundant (redundant) but counterproductive (counterproductive). This is of course, killing a thread that is interesting and fun...
    Then again, maybe that is the intent...
    Always,

Likes (received)

or, as I believe Aristoteles put it: **** happens!
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Well, at least we have established that the idea of there not being any connection between Fujita and Shimizu is not true.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekugi View Post
    This list is found on page 129. I tried to attach a larger scan of the entire page, but the size limit on e-budo keeps it from being legible. Looking back at this with a keener eye, it appears that Mr. Fujita may have just been a "junior" to Shimizu sensei- although I am not sure how to interpret that because Mr. Fujita was in Tokyo for the mostpart.
    This list is found on page 129. I tried to attach a larger scan of the entire page, but the size limit on e-budo keeps it from being legible. Looking back at this with a keener eye, it appears that Mr. Fujita may have just been a "junior" to Shimizu sensei- although I am not sure how to interpret that because Mr. Fujita was in Tokyo for the mostpart.

I don't know if this got clear, 'cause I didn't read all the following posts, but the list gives the offices and office holders of the Zen Nihon Jodo Renmei.
    The offices are:
    会長 president; chairman
    福会長 vice-president; vice-chairman
    理事長 Chairman of the Managing Board
    常任理事 Executive Members of the Managing Board
    etc.

Both Shimizu and Fujita were Executive Members of the Managing Board.

BTW, I found this thread when looking for Infos on Fujita's 4 Volume Work. I will soon receive it from Japan. If you're interested in purchasing, take a look here. I will be in Japan for five weeks, so I will only be able to review the books when I'am back and make a decision on the price. It is also probable that I'll keep 'em...
    Best regards

Andreas Quast

We are Pope!

Likes (received)

Default Fujita Seiko:The Last Koga Ninja

More information about the above individual will soon be available via the following link:http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/br...r=f&type=alpha
    Phillip T. Hevener

Mekugi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shikiyanaka View Post
    [IMG]

BTW, I found this thread when looking for Infos on Fujita's 4 Volume Work. I will soon receive it from Japan. If you're interested in purchasing, take a look here. I will be in Japan for five weeks, so I will only be able to review the books when I'am back and make a decision on the price. It is also probable that I'll keep 'em...
    You can still find these books in stores over here. They are pretty common. There are also tons of used ones floating about. FYI

Likes (received)

Default Well...

Funny I stepped with this thread
    I just posted in the Ninjutsu section about Fujita Seiko

When Kaminoda Sensei Come to Brazil in 2005 said that Shimizu Sensei and Fujita Seiko was some kind of Friends.
    I remember this especially because of one tale Kaminoda Sensei told about Fujita and never forgotten.
    But he didn't said anything about Fujita Seiko train with anyone.
    As Kaminoda Sensei was being translated I cannot assure the information, but I think it's reliable.

Sorry for my sloppy English
    -B. Trece

Likes (received)

Default Fujita Seiko Books

Quote Originally Posted by onewiththewind View Post
    Hello, Does any one know where I can find or buy these books?

Brandon Mazingo
    Hi Brandon,
    This is a shameless plug. I sell them at Mugendo.
    Torinawajutsu is at
    http://budogu.com/shopsite_sc/store/...roduct468.html
    I don't think I have the other three in stock, but they are no problem to get. Shoot me an email off-line if you're interested.
    Peter Boylan
    Mugendo Budogu LLC
    Fine Budo Books, Videos, Clothes and Equipment Direct from Japan
    http://www.budogu.com

Find my Budo Blog at http://budobum.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3