Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kyokushin Boards?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kyokushin Boards?

Osu,

As I know that a few KK guys are reading this board, I wonder where the best Kyokushin message boards currently are?

Recently there was alot of action on Shihan Quinn's board, but as always, it was pulled down just when the threads started to get interesting...

Any tips would be much appreciated.
    David Cummins

Osu-no-seishin

Likes (received)

Shihan Quinns forum was by far the largest. It is however not gone, it is just under remodelling. You can get to the new forum every now and then (it goes up and down a couple of times a day), but is is still in test phase with no way to register yet (and it seems that it will strictly be a "register to post" forum).

Other than that there is no real alternative.
    Sensei Shah´s forum is still there but has been mostly dead since it went up after being closed down for 6 months (by then Quinns forum had taken over all the traffic). It would be good to get the discussion going there again, but it looks like that wont happen.
    http://www.australiankyokushin.com/w...?site=makiwara

Sensei Carrasco ´s forum is still there, but that too has been very dead since it returned in its new (well actualy it is not "new" anymore) version.
    http://64.254.148.130/kyokushincanadaforums/

There is no quality (and active) Kyokushin forum out there right now, unfortunaly. I Guess we have to wait and see what happens when Quinns forum returns.
    Martin Hultgren
    Kyokushinkai, Sweden

Thanks for that Martin.

I had a feeling that no one yet has picked up the slack since Cam's board went down, and it looks like it won't be up again in a hurry (they have had the test forum uip for months now).

tusen takk!
    David Cummins

Osu-no-seishin

Likes (received)

A new board for kyokushin fans.

www.kyokushin4life.com

It is not so large yet, but it shows promises.
    And it has LOTS of video links!

Registration is neccecary to get into all but the "Basic" forum though.
    Martin Hultgren
    Kyokushinkai, Sweden

Likes (received)

Speaking of Kyokushin, is there anyone who could help improve the Kyokushin and Mas Oyama articles on Wikipedia? They really need some work:

Kyokushin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyokushin

Oyama: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masutatsu_Oyama

I've done some work recently on the Kyokushin entry, but, I'm not a student in Kyokushin (I'm in Enshin which is an offshoot, I guess), so I don't think I'm the best qualified to contribute. Wikipedia is becoming the de facto English source for (supposed-to-be) neutral information on subjects and I think Kyokushin's entry really should be better since it is such an important part of the martial art's community.
    Charles Ainsworth

Likes (received)

I'm not exactly a Kyokushin student either so don't feel right adding to it. I trained in a "hybrid" art that combined Kyokushin with more of a "Dutch muay thai" style(Tjakai). However, we trained in both aspects seperately but under one name(tjakai). My other experience to knockdown kumite was in Chokushinkai(kakutogi).
    I like this new Kyokushin forum, though, like Martin said it seems to have a lot of potential!
    Brian Culpepper