Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video Analysis - Ettish v Rhoads

Likes (received)

I'll take your word for it John and I guess he just wasn't "fighting his A-game" that night. It's too bad that he never entered the UFC again. I lost once in a knockdown tournament in a cheap way and planned on rematching the lucky sob that won with an illegal way(i'm still mad about it)and was going to enter it again the following year until I found out that he wasn't going to comete anymore..dab nab it!
    Brian Culpepper

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by powerof0ne
    I'll take your word for it John and I guess he just wasn't "fighting his A-game" that night. It's too bad that he never entered the UFC again. I lost once in a knockdown tournament in a cheap way and planned on rematching the lucky sob that won with an illegal way(i'm still mad about it)and was going to enter it again the following year until I found out that he wasn't going to comete anymore..dab nab it!
    Yeah he tried and tried to get back in the UFC but things were changing so quickly then...they (davie or zuffa) just did not make it happen. Fred is a HUGE supporter of MMA and does quite a few commentary and judging and reffing for regional shows...
    John R. Stebbins
    Seattle Kobukan
    Matsumura Kenpo
    seakobukan@matsumurakenpo.org
    http://www.matsumurakenpo.org

Likes (received)

Thanks for your input, John. I would love to sit down and pick Fred's brain on this; I have lots of questions concerning his methods for that fight.

He does have a pretty big set of cajones, and I commend him for not tucking his tail between his legs and going into hiding after that fight.

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Default Reality Fighting

Hello everyone, nice topic. Allow me to throw in my nickel, ( heck gas keeps going up so should my opinion ) First off, kudos to Fred for stepping in there on short notice or not, it takes guts. My analogy of his fighting style that night was pretty obvious imo, lack of reality and contact in his fighting training. (kumite) The front kick he was throwing of his front leg from an almost cat stance would never do any real damage, it is very good for a quick point though. When you look at any fighter from a kyokushin type school you see something completely different.
    Manny Salazar
    Submisson Sabaki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2