Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Photos: Shinto Rikugo-ryu

Likes (received)

Default Photos: Shinto Rikugo-ryu

Found these on the net (Japanese Google Search). These are from the book Shinto Rikugo-ryu Jujutsu kyoju sho: Kihon no maki
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Hi George,

Those pics are cool!
    Is there anything more on Shinto Rikugo ryu? I think this was the school founded by Noguchi sensei and was more or less meant as a countermeasure against the increasingly popular Kodokan judo of Kano. The school is supposed to have consisted of several older jujutsustyles.

Best,

Johan Smits

Likes (received)

There are some more, but not much. To tell you the truth I don't know too much about Noguchi and Shinto Rikugo-ryu.

Here is pictures from Tokka Kyoju Sho Tora no maki
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

I think the last pictures are from a book that has been reprinted in the 1980's or 1990's. Serge Mol mentions Noguchi and writes a short piece about the school in his Complete Koryu Jujutsu.

On freebudo.com I think the school is also mentioned, one of their japanese teachers jujutsu style originates in the Shinto Rikugo-ryu.

Best,

Johan Smits

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by johan smits
    I think the last pictures are from a book that has been reprinted in the 1980's or 1990's. Serge Mol mentions Noguchi and writes a short piece about the school in his Complete Koryu Jujutsu.

On freebudo.com I think the school is also mentioned, one of their japanese teachers jujutsu style originates in the Shinto Rikugo-ryu.

Best,

Johan Smits
    What's the name of the book that was reprinted in the 1980's/90's? These pictures came from http://www.bokuden.or.jp/~bunbkan which I think is a research group.

I have the Serge Mol book and read the small description. I wish there are more about this school.
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

I am at the office right now and do not have the book here but from memory it is titled: Okugi jujutsu kyujo sho. It is mentioned in Serge Mol's Complete Koryu Jujutsu. It is authored by Noguchi sensei and (the reprint) consists of the Tora no maki which are more techniques in kata form and another part which seems to be kihon waza. It might be called Ryu no maki or maybe it consists of another book by Noguchi titled Seitei Kihon Shokai.

best,

Johan Smits