Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Karate's revenge on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu???

Likes (received)

Default Karate's revenge on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu???

I've seen some videos on YouTube.com of a video series called "Gracie in Action" where numerous Gracies have challenged fighters from other styles to see who's style was best.

In the one video, a Karate guy fought the Brazilian guy and just got wrecked. What was even funnier, was that even when he was on the ground getting armbarred, the Karate guy was still performing knifehand chops and punches and screaming "kiai!" the entire time.

Now, I don't practice either art, so I could care less one way or the other, but is there any videos out there of a Karate fighter beating a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighter?

I'd like to see the other side of things, but couldn't find anything on the 'Tube.
    Walt Janeski

Likes (received)

I'll try to find one. But first, can you tell me what art do you train in ?
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

I admire all martial arts.
    Walt Janeski

Likes (received)

That is nice, But what do you practice?
    Ed Boyd

Likes (received)

I was considering possibly Ninjitsu or Judo, but Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was very impressive in those videos.
    Walt Janeski

Likes (received)

Where you live is determines what you practice. Find the best teacher with in the distance you can travel who will teach you for the $$$'s you can afford .
    Ed Boyd

Likes (received)

The original intent of karate was to strike a person once so hard that they were either dead or at the least unable to attack (ie busted ribs, legs arm, unconcious etc). You can't do that in that kind of fight, the jui jitsu guy has all the advantages. In a real fight, if you end up down on the ground, there is nothing to stop you from ripping out large chunks of skin with your teeth, gouging his eyes, or many other things you wouldn't do in a friendly fight like that.
    I did jui jitsu for a bit and thought it was great, but the whole rolling around on the ground was only a small part of it. Its also only really useful if there is only one attacker. Its just my opinion, I dont really know that much about BBJ or how effective it is in a real fight against multiple attackers. I see a lot of weaknesses in it though.
    John Bellamy
    sho-dan Shito-ryu itosu-kai

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbo
    The original intent of karate was to strike a person once so hard that they were either dead or at the least unable to attack (ie busted ribs, legs arm, unconcious etc). You can't do that in that kind of fight, the jui jitsu guy has all the advantages.
    In the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in Action contests, punches and kicks that could have broken bones or knocked people unconscious were allowed. So why didn't the karate guys knock anyone unconscious or render them incapable of continuing by breaking any bones? Could it be that delivering those debilitating blows is easier said than done in actual combat?

In a real fight, if you end up down on the ground, there is nothing to stop you from ripping out large chunks of skin with your teeth, gouging his eyes, or many other things you wouldn't do in a friendly fight like that.
    Okay, so let's do the karate vs BJJ fights over again, telling both sides that they are now free to bite and eye gouge with impunity. Do you really think that that would give the karate guys an edge?
    Francisco Gonzales

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by WaltJ
    I was considering possibly Ninjitsu or Judo, but Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was very impressive in those videos.

That's good ! But for a moment I thought that you were the representative for Brazilian Jewjeetsu..

Seriously, If Juijitsu is what you're looking for you should try signing up at www.sherdog.com.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Well if the Gracies give you that warm feeling as to being the coolest fighters, then you will love this:

Sepultura - Attitude

Likes (received)

When I saw that berimbau, I was expecting to see Royce break into a roda...
    Francisco Gonzales

Likes (received)

With all respect to BJJ.

Brazilian Muai Tai champ v BJJ
    mushin no shin

Cam Wheeler

North Queensland Australia. On the barrier reef.
    Likes (received)

Like any art, whether its pottery or martial- it's the individual who makes it.
    Lurking in dark alleys may be hazardous to other peoples health........

North Queensland Australia. On the barrier reef.
    Likes (received)

As for Walt- I think he's a troll......... who refuses to tell what martial art he practices [if any] and simply asks dumb questions of the "who's the toughest" variety.
    Lurking in dark alleys may be hazardous to other peoples health........

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeycam
    With all respect to BJJ.

Brazilian Muai Tai champ v BJJ
    LOL@that video and the thought that its a Muay Thai champ vs BJJ. Ever heard of Vanderlei Silva?

Hint: Don't believe the captions you read on youtube.
    John R. Stebbins
    Seattle Kobukan
    Matsumura Kenpo
    seakobukan@matsumurakenpo.org
    http://www.matsumurakenpo.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast