Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: a serious question for all

Likes (received)

I cannot believe what I have just read...

Brandon, you have my absolute and sincere best wishes for your future in MA. It is understood that hard work and tough training can be necessary and there is times when a student needs a push to get them over a hump to th next level of understanding but this is just 100% unaccepable in my eyes.

I have had a re-occuring knee injury since the age of 17, I am currently awaiting an operation at long last to try and find the root cause and fix it. The person that runs the dojo understands my personal situation and me being me I always push myself too hard, he is the one saying 'take it easy Sam, I'd rather you slowed down a bit and continued to train than push too hard and end up injuring yourself to the point where you won't be able to train ever again'. This to me is the way to get not only a good teacher student relationship but also respect.

I suppose my point is this:

Yes he pushes me when necessary... but not to the point of injury

I know that having posted here you will get all the support you deserve, keep up the training and remember MA is also meant to be enjoyed
    Sam Oram

Likes (received)

Thank you very much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2