Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Requesting Judo club reccomendation. DC area.

Likes (received)

Default Requesting Judo club reccomendation. DC area.

I am currently stationed at Ft Belvoir, VA for AIT. When we get the weekends off, I want to practice judo. Are there any clubs that are convenient to the metro trains and offer classes on Saturday or Sunday mornings?

So far the closest I got was BJJ classes at the Springfield mall, which might be out of my budget. Thank you.

MarkF Guest

I am very sorry I missed your post, Michael. Try the following link http://www.judoinfo.com/contacts/bro...ia&sort=School

then do a search of your general location. You can search by province or city, state, etc., and is one of the most complete sources for judo, for any of the US Judo organization. Shufu Judo Yudanshakai is well-known and are not necessarily Federation specific, but you can also search according to affiliating organization, including USJA, USJF, and USJI. USJF is the oldest of the post-war organizations in the US. They originally were known as the Amateur Judo Association in 1949 on, then changed in the early sixties to the Judo Black Belt Federation, becoming the USJF in the late sixties or so.

The USJA is the US Judo Association and there is also the USA Judo Inc. I mention the orgs of judo in the US because you can do a search by sanctioning body as well. Ultimately, it is the instructor and student body that chooses for you.

I can recommend Shufu Yudanshakai. Member dojo are as far away as Texas but I am sure they will have something semi-convenient.

Best,

Mark
    Last edited by MarkF; 31st May 2006 at 06:51.