Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: What is a warrior?

Likes (received)

Thumbs up

Wow! I'll have to think about your words for a while. I'll just let you know though I'm more of a rationalist. And yes your correct on the science coming from philosophy. All facts derive from thought, philosophy giving birth to science.

If you take a look at Anaximander' Apeiron where the parts are derived from a whole it turns to parts again your correct in the empiricist thought, however; the Milesian school is limited.

I'll read up on Karl Friday's article and get back no time to finish right now. Very interesting but so far he seems to interject a lot of his own opinions mixed with the facts.

So far really everyones ideals are an opinion, such as your opinion on philosophy which, to me, is a system of thought(s) derived from a single idea or object, i.e. god, man, nature, ideals (bushido).
    Ideal
    Last edited by soul_sword34; 30th July 2006 at 08:38.
    With respect,
    Dustin Smith

Likes (received)

To me, a warrior is someone who fights (engages in war, if you like) to uphold that which he holds sacred. This does not mean the "fight" has to be on a battlefield. It could be in a courtroom, in a Church, on the street, in the home or even in his/her own mind.

I realise this is not the literal definition, but it is what comes to mind for me when I think of a "deeper" meaning for the term.
    Joe Saunders
    Kodokan Judo
    Kyokushin Karate

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7