Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kodachi iaijutsu?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd
    This method will also work with a katana, you just need to push it back in a little before pushing out with the belly and drawing.
    Is this different for an obese samurai? LOL, just wondering since I have quite a gut on me, lol
    Arik Hartsaugh

You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.
    -Indira Gandhi

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Unskilled_Blade
    Is this different for an obese samurai? LOL, just wondering since I have quite a gut on me, lol
    Good point, I am slightly belly challenged at the moment but I am working hard to catch up to you hara masters.
    Nulli Secundus

Ed Chart

Likes (received)

Good point, I am slightly belly challenged at the moment but I am working hard to catch up to you hara masters.
    I will help you Ed. Surely you haven't forgotten the sacred teachings of the Chunen Butori Ryu already?

http://ejmas.com/jalt/jaltart_chunen_0303.html
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

As a card carrying member of the Chunen Butori Ryu, the teaching of the Chunen Butori Ryu are more spiritual than physical, at least in my case.

Though I try and consume my more than fair share of beer, Scotch Whisky and roasted dead animals, I still can fit into my 30" waist relaxed fit Levi 550's and still have them a bit loose. Shameful, I know.

Now returning you to your topic...

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by pgsmith
    I will help you Ed. Surely you haven't forgotten the sacred teachings of the Chunen Butori Ryu already?

LOL, I've never seen that, but it's the funniest thing I've ever seen here on E-Budo. You've made my day Mr. Smith! If that was a true style, call me a Grand Master already,hahaha
    Arik Hartsaugh

-Indira Gandhi

Likes (received)

hm...judging by the circullum...I'm half-way to menkyo kaiden by now...
    I'm remeding the situation however...this fall I'm starting Kyokushinkai Karate with a friend..wish me luck!
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil the braggart
    I still can fit into my 30" waist relaxed fit Levi 550's and still have them a bit loose.
    That's it, you officially suck Neil!

No luck needed Fred, just lots of practice. So, I'll wish you good practice!
    Paul Smith
    "Always keep the sharp side and the pointy end between you and your opponent"

Likes (received)

No luck needed Fred, just lots of practice. So, I'll wish you good practice!
    Aye yer right...practice, practice together with practice and last but not least: MORE practice..Fortunetly I'll be in good hands, my Jodo-sensei is also a kyokushinkai Shihan. Still nervous though...it will be a whole new world to explore.
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Mahan
    What's wrong with watching anime? The problem is not watching anime, but mistaking it for reality. That applies not just to anime, but to everything on TV. Even the "Infotainment" shows on Discovery etc. Just because it looks slick and is presented as the truth doesn't make it true. Take the XMA special as a prime example.
    I take it back; my brother recently bought the DVD set of the "Boondocks" from Adult Swim I think, and eventhough it is anime, it's really the only anime that I've laughed so hard, that I cryed, lol. Uncle Ruckis is byfar the best thing on there.
    Arik Hartsaugh

-Indira Gandhi

Likes (received)

Tatsumi Ryu Heiho includes in its curriculum some kodachi techniques both in Kenjutsu and Sojutsu, as follows:
    - Kenjutsu Kage no Kata: Group of three paired kata Tachi vs. Kodachi
    - Kenjutsu Gogo no Kata: Group of five paired kata, four of them Tachi vs. Tachi and one Tachi vs. Kodachi
    - Kenjutsu Tsume Ai: The above group of five paired Gogo no Kata but applying the school's drawing waza.
    - Sojutsu Kodachi Awase: Group of four kata Yari vs. Kodachi.
    Víctor Herrero
    Barcelona, Spain
    www.seibukan.es

Likes (received)

Oh, and for the record, I don't watch anime, NEVER!!!!
    ...and eventhough it is anime, it's really the only anime that I've laughed so hard, that I cryed, lol.
    Arik, while I really don't want to waste effort pointing these things out, may I suggest you don't make comments 'for the record' and then debunk them in the next post. It puts you in an embarrassing situation.
    Scott Halls
    Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu Kenjutsu - Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iai
    兵法二天一流剣術 - 無双直伝英信流居合

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottUK
    Arik, while I really don't want to waste effort pointing these things out, may I suggest you don't make comments 'for the record' and then debunk them in the next post. It puts you in an embarrassing situation.
    Not really, whats there to be embarrased about? The fact that I made a mistake and then corrected myself? Those post were nearly a day apart, and seeing as regular anime isn't funny, I never thought about it. Besides, I said I take it back, didn't I?
    Arik Hartsaugh

-Indira Gandhi

Likes (received)

Plenty of Anime is very funny. You obviously haven't seen enough Kodomo no Omacha. Generalizations are bad for your health. There are thousands of anime titles out there covering a rather broad range of genres. Don't judge all anime by the stuff that ends up on Cartoon Network.
    Charles Mahan

Iaido - Breaking down bad habits,
    and building new ones.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Mahan
    Generalizations are bad for your health.
    Careful there. Many generalizations are harmless-- you shouldn't go lumping them all together like that.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

So you're saying don't make generalizations about generalizations?
    Charles Mahan

Iaido - Breaking down bad habits,
    and building new ones.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast