Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How does Ninpo fair against other martial arts?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thompson
    >So in all, let them come, You have what it takes, so let them hurt themselves>

Have you ever had to deal with a vendetta situation like that before? Those are a lot of unqualified assumptions! Trust me, the last thing you want is to be in a situation like that. Because:

1. People who live with violence all the time are usually pretty good at it. Note that I didn't say they'd be "trained fighters," which is a different thing.
    2. They may not want to fight you at all. They may want to shotgun you or stab you when your back is turned, or jump you when there are five of them and one of you. In fact, if they know anything at all about real-world violence, you can count on it.

Assuming you "have what it takes" in a situation like that could get you dead or in prison.
    For anyone who is already in the situation, I'd advise the following, based on personal experience:

1. Stay off the street till the issue is resolved.
    2. Call on your own connections to support you so you have some leverage with which to negotiate.
    3. Arrange through a third party to sit down and work something out. The guy is mad and his pride is hurt. Pride can be soothed. If the price of peace is that he wants you to stay away from certain sections of town or certain public places, so be it.

The key to these situations is to set things up so the price of hurting you would be too high for him to pay and then giving him a face-saving way to back off.
    This is not armchair advice. I was in several of these situations when I was younger. I survived them all unhurt, and I never went to jail.

Chris, been there, done it, got petrol bombed out of my home due to it. If you think mediation is a way then fine. When they get outside they will just turn on you regardless of how well the negotiator is. If you get into that situation you just move away. Then you come back.

When you say "real life", what do you mean? Little people backing him up? In the local pub and they are bad mouthing you? Or they ramming your car off the road then attacking you? Will they use a shotgun from behind (which is the cowards way), or from the front so you see their face before you take a nice chuck out of their body? Which would you rather do?

If that is what may happen, do you want to be there? If not and you have claimed to have been in those situations, then all I can say is that you have made some very bad choices.

>If you think mediation is a way then fine>

Mediation backed up by certain and severe consequences if they fail to back off. I don't want to go into detail further than that, but it doesn't work without both aspects.

>When you say "real life", what do you mean?>

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. I think I said exactly what I meant.

>If that is what may happen, do you want to be there?>

No, nobody wants to be there, that's my point. Those scenarios should be avoided like the plague. That's exactly why I thought your advice was not great advice.

>all I can say is that you have made some very bad choices>

And learned from them, yes.

Likes (received)

how can you advocate two opposites.

you say we should know better than to be in those situations and thats one of the points i was trying to make all along. however sometimes people make mistakes and say the wrong thing at the wrong time and you might have to deal with the consequences of that. the reason all this happened to me was because i didnt keep my mouth shut when some guys who i couldnt actually see started making lude comments about the girls i was walking with. i was arrogant and i made a mistake ive definetly learnt from.

i also made the point about limiting the amount of violence in a confrontation. with so many good techniques at the Taijutsu practisioners disposal, why fuel the flames when you can douse them.

and before you say it, yes i do believe there is a time and a place for causing bodily harm or even death - its when u feel u have to - when you or someone you love is in real danger of harm. thats all the law allows anyway (in uk). surely the better you are at Taijutsu the less damage you feel like you would need to cause to emerge unscathed from a confrontation.
    karl Burton

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thompson

Have you ever had to deal with a vendetta situation like that before?

Yes.

When its just yourself to worry about its not so bad. You fight , you win, you fight you lose, you take the chance.

But it complicates things further when the idiot knows where you live and you have a family involved. When one has windows smashed on cars whilst at work in the evening. These idiots tend to room in packs so a 'fair' fight is never on the cards and as usual the police are hopeless...
    'Saru mo ki kara ochiru.' is a Japanese kotowaza or proverb. 'Even monkeys fall from trees.' or essentially 'Nobody's perfect'

Gary Brewer

Likes (received)

My opinion on defending yourself...

If you feel your life is really in danger, you should destroy everyone who is putting you in that danger. Forget about all this nonsense of gently treating people so you hurt them as little as possible. When the hammer comes down almost nobody here is good enough to do that when they're outnumbered 3 to 1.

If you're really in that much danger, stab, shoot, strangle, throw them on their head, shout in their ears, break their fingers and rip their ears off. None of this crazy talk about staying off the street, in hiding and fear so you may live another day. If you're in so much danger, you need to act NOW!

You don't need to hate someone to kill them. Look at it this way, if someone attacks you or another, and you need to act, that's the perpetrator's fault. You are just a tool of your training. Why learn martial techniques at all if you can't / won't use them because of your philosophy.

You should always be aware of who is around you. Bad people will walk quickly behind you at night. It's hard to see or hear them getting closer. Watch for growing shadows behind you.

Always have a large knife or gun ready to defend yourself with if necessary.

If the bad guys have a gun and bullets with your name on them, you'd better have a plan and you'd better execute it quickly. If they have a knife, you'd better figure out a way to keep them at a distance. If they want to beat you to death, you'd better throw them, or break their legs, or kill them so they can no longer follow you.

I do know that if someone tried to firebomb my house they'd be full of #00 buckshot right quick. Let others deal with the concequences of that. Criminal behavior is criminal behavior. As long as you were not the one to initiate severe violence, you're in the clear.

Too much crazy fantasy going on. The reality of it all is this; defend yourself if you have to. Defend others if you need to. Walk away if you can. Try to avoid getting into those kinds of situations in the first place. But if it happens anyway, don't let some false philosophy prevent you from defending yourself adequately.

If you're having a recurring problem with someone, call the police and have a restraining order filed. If they persist they go to jail. Simple as that.
    Cory Burke
    ゴゴゴ!

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by archiebolo
    Hi guys im new to this forum.
    im looking to study some kinda of martial art and im looking into bujinkan
    but im just wondering how is it against other fighthing styles? like boxing, mai tai, jujitsu ect.?
    Hey Archie!!! Sign your posts...
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,
    Tatsujin Photography & Design

Likes (received)

his user name is his real name
    Cory Burke
    ゴゴゴ!

Likes (received)

So is mine Cory.
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,

Likes (received)

Hum...
    Different type of thread..

If anyone likes to see what Japanese Martisl Arts of Koto ryu, Takagi Yoshin Ryu, Shinden Fudo ryu, Kukishin ryu, Gyokko ryu.. can do against JEET KUNE DO.. in a mixed challenge... someone put 3 clips of the fights I held over 3 years ago on 'youtube'..
    Look under Dallas Ninjutsu Academy... all three guys from the Dallas Ninjutsu Academy were shodan at the time with no fighting experience with MMA.

Not a big deal..
    But..

ralph severe, kamiyama
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com
    The best Japanese and Mexican Bugei in Dallas !

Likes (received)

The guy with one arm was VERY impressive...
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,

Likes (received)

Yeah... Ben had a hard time with him.. LOL
    He is or was a taekwondo instructor and took JKD from the guy Marco and had a lot of madness when it came to fighting.. and great heart.. he really went at it.

The guy Mike had for a foe was the top student at the time of these fights.. he had been training for many years.. twice as many as Mike.. I feel he just had a bad day..

The guy Damon had for a foe was wild.. and was a ground fighter.. and X Marine.. he's the one who got his arm broke when he didn't tap out.. from the V Arm Lock.. a real shame.

It was a good experience for the guys from my Academy.. and their first time..

I don't understand all the fuss with the mental ideas of not testing yourself or fighting for experience.. where martial arts are concerned.

I'm very happy not to live outside the USA where I cannot carry a firearm and stop the foolish BS too like being ran off the road.. home firebombed, etc...

This is always a hot topic..

ralph severe, kamiyama
    Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
    www.artofcombat.com
    The best Japanese and Mexican Bugei in Dallas !

Likes (received)

Do what you gotta do Ralph.. No complaints here.
    Jason Chambers
    Owner,

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Severe
    Hum...
    Different type of thread..

If anyone likes to see what Japanese Martisl Arts of Koto ryu, Takagi Yoshin Ryu, Shinden Fudo ryu, Kukishin ryu, Gyokko ryu.. can do against JEET KUNE DO.. in a mixed challenge... someone put 3 clips of the fights I held over 3 years ago on 'youtube'..
    Look under Dallas Ninjutsu Academy... all three guys from the Dallas Ninjutsu Academy were shodan at the time with no fighting experience with MMA.

Not a big deal..
    But..

ralph severe, kamiyama
    Could you give me a link Ralph?
    I can't find the videos you speak of.
    Thank You,
    Ricky Wood

Likes (received)

Jason Chambers
    Owner,

Likes (received)

Default Are the DVD's for sale of the tournament?

Hi Ralph,
    Is there a link to your fight? I would love to watch it as well. Your guys did great.
    Mark Harper
    Bujinkan Houston Dojo
    http://www.sciangler.com/bujiinkan/houston_dojo.htm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast