Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aikijujutsu in Virginia?

Likes (received)

Default Aikijujutsu in Virginia?

Is there an Aikijujutsu dojo in the any of the following Virginia cities?

Williamsburg, VA
    Newport News, VA
    Yorktown, VA
    Hampton, VA
    Cheasapeake, VA
    Norfolk, VA
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Suffolk, VA
    Portsmouth, VA

Thank you.

Likes (received)

Default AJJ dojo in VA

Yes there is a DTR group in VA under Scott Vogeley. I do not have the exact location but you can contact the DTR Shinbukan dojo in Japan for further info. Below is the link.
    www.daitoryu.org

Jose Garrido
    Jose' delCristo Garrido
    Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Mainline Tradition
    NYC Metro Area Branch Dojo
    facebook.com/daitoryudojonj

Likes (received)

Thank you, Jose. I will see if I can locate the dojo. This is much appreciated.

Kit

Likes (received)

Hello Kit,

I'm a Norfolk native (Bay View section), who got transplanted to northern New Jersey many years ago... I still have family down there, and I check the yellow pages for MA schools from time to time when I visit. I'm not aware of any AJJ dojo in the Tidewater area.

But, if it turns out that Mr Vogeley or any other legitimate AJJ instructor is in Tidewater, I'd love to know about it too.

Take care, Howard
    Howard Spivey

Likes (received)

Retitled and moved thread to appropriate forum...
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Scott Vogeley is in the Richmond area, I believe.

Likes (received)

Kit,

Some of Scott Vogeley's students will be attending Kondo sensei's seminar in October (NJ). If you attend you may be able to get together with them and find out info about their dojo.

Jose Garrido
    Jose' delCristo Garrido
    Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu Mainline Tradition
    NYC Metro Area Branch Dojo
    facebook.com/daitoryudojonj

Likes (received)

Default Any Jujitsu in the Richmonds area?

Hello guy's, I'm new to the forum. I'm originally from Detroit MI. and just transferred by job assignment to Richmond Va. I've tried extensively to find Jujitsu, but to no avail. I found one Dojo (Quantico Aiki Jutsu)in Fredericksberg, but thats an hour away and just too far for me to travel three times a week. The instructor was o.k. (David Lamond), but he seemed to have more interest in other instructors (Goldberg, Perrera?) than himself.

Is there anyone on this forum that could direct me in the right direction or is there anyone that can give me more info on Taijitsu as far as what it's similar to and it's effectiveness (Please don't give history on the 9 schools and ect.) Thanks in advance.
    Milton Sample

Likes (received)

I forgot to mention, please to not mention Brazillian Jujitsu (no offense), but I'm looking for Japenese related Jujitsu only thanks.
    Milton Sample

Likes (received)

Hi Milton,

You could check into the Daito-ryu dojo listed on the web page at the link below. It seems to be centrally located in downtown Richmond.

Good luck.

http://www.daito-ryu.org/location_eng.html
    Howard Spivey

Likes (received)

Mr. Sample,

I merged your thread with an existing one in the dojo finder forum for improved results. You might also try posting your question to the jujutsu forum if that is more what you are interested in.

Regards,
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Likes (received)

Mr. Sample,

Check your private messages for the one I sent yesterday morning.

Rick Fine
    Rick Fine
    Kim Soo Martial Arts
    Daito-ryu Study Group
    Austin, Texas

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by HWS
    Hi Milton,

You could check into the Daito-ryu dojo listed on the web page at the link below. It seems to be centrally located in downtown Richmond.

Good luck.

http://www.daito-ryu.org/location_eng.html

Thanks alot!, but do you happen to know anything about this dojo or the instructor? I've notice that they only meet one a week.
    Milton Sample

Likes (received)

The Daito-ryu teacher there is Scott Vogeley and he is very talented. He is a direct student of Kondo Katsuyuki sensei and has lived in Japan for a number of years training. I think he also teaches Shindo Muso-ryu jo as well. The dojo is an aikido dojo. The mats are very nice to fall on and it seems like a nice neighborhood. I would highly recommend training with Scott. I visit his dojo once in a while when we can work out the times and I live in Baltimore, MD.

Good luck!
    Christopher Covington

Daito-ryu aikijujutsu
    Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu heiho

All views expressed here are my own and don't necessarily represent the views of the arts I practice, the teachers and people I train with or any dojo I train in.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Scott
    Mr. Sample,

I merged your thread with an existing one in the dojo finder forum for improved results. You might also try posting your question to the jujutsu forum if that is more what you are interested in.

Regards,

Thanks Mr. Scott, that helped out a great deal. I going to visit Mr. Vogeley on Tuesday to observe and more than likely join. Thanks again!
    Milton Sample