Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question regarding sword stance

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by justin
    Well I guess I dont understand Kenjutsu, Bikenjutsu and Aikido not being traditional arts. But this statement does sum me up...
    Kenjutsu can be part of or the focus of a traditional ryuha, but isn't a style per se. I have no idea what bikenjutsu is, so my gut tells me that's not traditional either, and Aikido is kind of on the fence too. People here have a beef with the word traditional. That implies a tradition, which it seems you don't have. You might look into the chambarra community, they are exploring a similar practice to what it sounds like you're doing and your questions and experiments would probably be welcome there. Sorry to be a pill, just trying to offer some explanation and other options.
    Christian Moses
    **Certified Slimy, Moronic, Deranged and Demented Soul by Saigo-ha Daito Ryu!**
    Student of:
    Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu
    Tuesday Night Bad Budo Club (TM)

Likes (received)

Christian,

Thank you for the reply. That actually makes a lot of sense and I do understand now where people on this site are comming from. I also apologize if I came off wrong to any of you. I will refrain from using the word "Traditional" in any of the arts that I teach.

Justin

Likes (received)

According to a quick google, bikenjutsu is a term used by the genbukan and other ninpo organizations for some of their swordwork.
    Neil Gendzwill
    Saskatoon Kendo Club

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by gendzwil
    According to a quick google, bikenjutsu is a term used by the genbukan and other ninpo organizations for some of their swordwork.
    Just did the same thing! Anyone know where that comes from? I've never heard that term before.
    Christian Moses
    **Certified Slimy, Moronic, Deranged and Demented Soul by Saigo-ha Daito Ryu!**
    Student of:
    Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu
    Tuesday Night Bad Budo Club (TM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2