Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The World Series.....a little late....

Likes (received)

Default The World Series.....a little late....

So, it looks like it’ll be St. Louis and Detroit. Interestingly, in an Esquire interview just last year, God himself said that Detroit would make the series-I wish Tony were here to deal with that real miracle…..

My son says that Detroit will win, in that over the last 5 years, the team that our Yankees out, whether in the series or the play-offs, is the one that won the series. Time’ll tell.

Speaking of time, I’m funnily reminded that this year is the 20th anniversary of the infamous “Buckner Ball, “ that led to yet another Boston humiliation in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series against the New York Mets.It was actually Oct. 26th, but that's not far off.....

I was there for that game-with my son and his grandfather. We were actually getting ready to leave early and beat the monstrous traffic-I swear they even flashed “Congratulations 1986 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox” on the jumbotron just before it occurred……funny, funny game
    Aaron J. Cuffee

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    - H.L. Mencken

Likes (received)

Go Tigers!!!!
    I've been a Tiger fan ever since I moved to Michigan three years ago, when they were doing terribly. I had a feeling they were going to end up in the playoffs ever since the begining of the season. But I didn't expect them to make it to the World Series, much less having a very good chance of winning it.
    Jose Navarro

Hakuhoryu Aikibudo

Likes (received)

Well, I'm happy for the Tigers. I'm not a big MLB fan, not since the strike. And working in Detroit, the bedlam over the last few days has been pretty extreme. Extra security checks, road crews welding down manholes, police/Coast Guard patrols on the river, aircraft running patterns overhead and road closures all over the place. I'm staying out of downtown this weekend!
    Respectfully
    Mark W. Swarthout, Shodan