Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oni Forge ?

Likes (received)

Default Oni Forge ?

Hello there,
    Have any of you got any opinions on the Oni Forge range of swords, I would be especialy keen to hear any experiance you have had cutting with one, I have been looking at the Yamabushi model, but I am after a sword that will be used for alot of tamashigiri.
    Kind Regards James
    James McDine

Likes (received)

I recently cut with the Oniforge Shobu zukuri prototype. It cut quite well. It is a very robust blade.
    Dan Keupp

Likes (received)
    Blog Entries

Dan, I've bought several iaito & three shinken from Oni Forge. Loren Graves is very easy to work with, & is a wealth of knowledge on metallurgy & specifically why a blade cuts well - & that says a lot because I'm an engineer who has worked in metallurgy for almost 40 years!

I bought several of his blue Ukigumo shinken, including one for my Sensei & one for myself. I am really quite impressed, too!! My tameshigiri has improved immensely since I started using that blade.

I was actually one of Loren's dealers for a few months, by the way, but then turned that dealership over to my Sensei when he decided that the profits could be well-used in our dojo.
    Ken Goldstein
    --------------------------------
    Judo Kodansha/MJER Iaido Kodansha/Jodo Oku-iri
    Fencing Master/NRA Instructor

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it'll annoy enough people to be worth the effort."