Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book: "Daito-ryu Aikibudo: History & Technique", by Antonino Certa

Likes (received)

Default New Daito-Ryu Books?

Any update on two books that have been mentioned in this forum:

"In Pursuit of Dreams: My Aikijujitsu" by Ohgami Sensei

and the book Kato Sensei and group is writing?

Thanks
    bryan white

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by bwhite33
    Any update on two books that have been mentioned in this forum:

"In Pursuit of Dreams: My Aikijujitsu" by Ohgami Sensei

and the book Kato Sensei and group is writing?

Thanks
    Or, alas, Kondo's Nikajo.
    Don J. Modesto
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    ------------------------
    http://theaikidodojo.com/

Likes (received)

Hi,

My name is Giacomo, and I am the secretary of the European Daitokai's head, Antonino Certa Shihan, student of Takeda Tokimune and later of Kato, Sano and Arisawa Sensei. The book is being written by Certa Shihan, and includes never before published photos and writings by the late Soke, and an extensive historical and technical part.

At the moment the book is scheduled to be published in Italy by the end of October in Italian, then Nov-Dec in English through Budovideos.com. Next year also a french and spanish version are programmed.

Best regards,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by judasith
    The book is being written by Certa Shihan, and includes never before published photos and writings by the late Soke, and an extensive historical and technical part.

At the moment the book is scheduled to be published in Italy by the end of October in Italian, then Nov-Dec in English through Budovideos.com. Next year also a french and spanish version are programmed.
    Glad to hear it. Keep us posted. Best of luck with it.
    Don J. Modesto
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    ------------------------
    http://theaikidodojo.com/

Likes (received)

Thanks Giacomo
    bryan white

Likes (received)

Giacomo,

good day to you, Is Certa sensei's book on schedule?

Best regards,
    bryan white

Likes (received)

Yes, the book is on schedule.

It will be published in Italy in major bookstores on the 2nd of November, and since about that same date, it will be available as a pre-order only from Budovideos.com, with a shipping estimate of January 2007.

Best regards,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Default Book: "Daito-ryu Aikibudo: History & Technique", by Antonino Certa

Dear fellow posters,

I'm very proud to say that our long-announced book about mainline Daito-ryu is, from today, available as a preorder on Budovideos.com.

At this address you will find the cover and a brief description of the contents, and you of course may ask any question in this post to me (I helped the author make it).

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...cat=283&page=1

Best regards,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Thanks for the info. I look forward to reading the book.

Jeff
    Jeff Brown

Likes (received)

Thank you very much for your interest. We worked very hard for years to make this book and to render it the most complete and comprehensive as possible.

I expect to have the first english copies of the book by the first-second week of december, but I know that Budovideos does a discount if people makes the order in advance.
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

UPDATE: The italian book is gone to the publisher and should be available from our online store in two weeks.

The english version should be ready and printed by the first half of december, slightly earlier than expected, so there's the possibility that those who preordered the book at Budovideos.com *might* receive the book in time for Christmas and new year's eve holydays.

Best regards to all,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

2nd UPDATE: The italian version of the book has been published and it is available to buy in Italy.

On the www.budovideos.com website there were added several photos of the book's contents, both the hystorical part and the technical part. So, everyone curious to have a glimpse of the book, please go to:

http://budovideos.com/shop/customer/...cat=283&page=1

Those who make the presale order will probably have an earlier shipment of the book.

Best regards,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

We're also very happy to have finally completed it. In Italy the book is going quite good, also because in Europe there aren't any serious books about Daito-ryu published, since Pranin's is only available as an import, and I don't think Omiya's book is about Daito-ryu....

Btw if there are any italian readers (or people otherwise interested) the Italian version of the book is available to buy at eshop.daito-ryu.com, online store of www.daito-ryu.com.

Best regards,

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Default "Daito-ryu Aikibudo. History and technique" available within the week

Dear fellow posters,

In the last announcement regarding the publishing of the book (I'm beginning to feel to much "commercial" for my tastes... ) I write to confirm that the english version of our book will be available for final purchase within the week.

I already gave all the boxes with the book to FedEx for shipping in the States, where you may buy the book from budovideos.com:

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...cat=283&page=1

I know that after the presale period ends, the price will go up, I don't know how much.

I wanted to say we really put a great effort in the making of this book, which needed almost two years to complete. We strived to make it the ultimate "manual" about Daito-ryu ever published, with history, principles and techniques of both the arts of Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu and Takeda-den Ono-ha Itto-ryu Kenjutsu, that we (and the last Soke) call as a unique art "Daito-ryu Aikibudo". It took many months of translations from original japanese text written by the Soke and other teachers, a trip to Hokkaido, and many nights of writing and checking to prepare the book, but I'm very happy with the results, which are as comprehensive and scholar-oriented as possible. I almost went mad with the reference notes on the eimeroku of Takeda Sokaku, of which an extensive translation (and original photos) is present in the History chapter.
    We also made professional photos of a choice of techniques from all the mokurokus and curriculum of Daito-ryu and Ono-ha Itto-ryu (I'm present in many photos, let's open a Trivia if you find which one of the guys I am... *hint* I usually keep my hair long :P )

There's also a great number of original photos of the Soke, Kato, Sano, Arisawa, Certa Senseis since the end of the Sixties to today and also diplomas, historical photos (one of the most interesting is an ancient one dating from the first years of 1900 where the art name written on a sign over some of Sokaku's students is "Daito-ryu Jujutsu" and not "Aikijujutsu").

It's very interesting for the nastiest of you the part with the biographies of the most important teachers of mainline Daito-ryu.

In any case we tried and made the book evading attacking other people or associations and more on what Daito-ryu really was, still is, and focusing on what we know and practice. Of course in a natural process you will find many answers to *some* of the polemics and discussions we've had in these last few years, but in a very polite, non aggressive, yet satisfactory "japanese" way. Not that I believe that "taleban-like crusaders" of this or that school will still even try to admit something even presented with documental evidence, but especially for this reason you will see that the book will be more scholarly-oriented and less polemic than you may imagine, the purpose being the diffusion of the history and principle of Daito-ryu, not sterile and futile (and probably petty) succession issues.

I really hope you will enjoy the book and find it an useful resource and reference regarding Daito-ryu, as I know that it is, regardless of the school you're in (well, maybe not if you're Saigo-ha students - that may be different since that art is similar to Daito-ryu like apples to salami).

Best regards to you all and a sincere dedication of the book to the E-budo community without which (in a positive and a negative meaning) probably the only serious book about Daito-ryu would still be "Conversations with Daito-ryu Masters" by Mr. Pranin.

Also thanks to Nathan, who showed to be a guy with an open mind.

Giacomo Merello
    Giacomo Merello

Likes (received)

Giacomo,
    Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to receiving my copy.

Take care,

Mark J.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast