Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Single Step Productions--martial arts videos.

Likes (received)

Default Single Step Productions--martial arts videos.

I wanted to let you all know about a video production company that I am working for: Single Step Productions
    We are putting out high quality martial arts instructional videos with a principle centered presentation, identifying the parallels between arts, seeing what each art can offer towards a deeper understanding of the martial arts as a whole. We structure the videos so that no matter what art you study, you will be able to get a deeper understanding of, or at least a different perspective on, your art.
    I hope you check out our website: www.singlestepproductions.com, and I would welcome any comments or questions at info@singlestepproductions.com.

Thank you,
    Asa Snyder
    Asa Snyder

Likes (received)

Thumbs up Single Step Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Asa
    I wanted to let you all know about a video production company that I am working for: Single Step Productions
    We are putting out high quality martial arts instructional videos with a principle centered presentation, identifying the parallels between arts, seeing what each art can offer towards a deeper understanding of the martial arts as a whole. We structure the videos so that no matter what art you study, you will be able to get a deeper understanding of, or at least a different perspective on, your art.
    I hope you check out our website: www.singlestepproductions.com, and I would welcome any comments or questions at info@singlestepproductions.com.

Thank you,
    Asa Snyder

Asa,

If your video productions are anywhere near the quality of your book, "The Book of Martial Power," by Steven J. Pearlman, then count me in as a customer. While I have not yet finished reading Pearlman's work, what I have read is nothing short of OUTSTANDING!
    Patrick McCarthy
    International Ryukyu Karate-jutsu Research Society
    http://www.koryu-uchinadi.com

Likes (received)

Yes, Steven Pearlman created Single Step Productions to make martial principles from various styles acessible to all martial artists. We are taking a different track than most martial arts video companies, in that we are bridging across styles. While our instructors are experts in their own style, we identify what they have to offer practicioners of all styles and structure the videos with that in mind.
    We will be releasing the first video of the "Beyond Technique Series", featuring Sifu Sharif Bey of Hung Ga Kuen in January 2007, with two more videos in the series to follow close behind 2007. The Beyond Technique Series moves beyond merely showing a few techniques--it shows why techniques work. In the case of Sifu Bey's video, it will demonstrate how to use stance, bridge, and body connection to create "Ging" or live energy--not merely demonstrating abstract techniques, but explaining the body mechanics and structures behind it.
    Asa Snyder