Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nkju

Likes (received)

Default Nkju

Do anyone have knowledge about this organisation?
    Pavel Antonsson
    Dokan Ryu Ju Jutsu Sweden
    www.dokandojo.com

Likes (received)

Not sure if it's the one you refer to, but there was a National Karate & Jiu-jitsu Union that operated in the USA from the mid-'70s into the late '80s.

After it's leader died, a different fellow started what he called the NKJUI, or New Karate Jiu-jitsu Union, Inc. It seems to be one of those "certification organizations" that are "open to all arts."

I have no direct experience with them, but have seen their Web page somewhere recently.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

I believe the NKJU may also have spawned the National Martial Arts Association (NMAA) www.nationalmartialarts.com

This association is in my lineage although I know no one who is currently a member. Currently the NMAA seems to be composed mostly of jujitsu (sic) and Shito-ryu practitioners. Once there were several Shotokan and CMA people associated, as well.

I can't speak for the other offshoots, but anyone I've ever met from the NMAA has been "commercial" only in the loosest sense. Most taught for the love of the arts and made little, if any, profit from their work in the martial arts.

Likes (received)

Default Nmaa

I am a member of the NMAA and former member of the NKJU. What do you want to know.

David

Likes (received)

This has got to be a record for the longest dormant thread ever revived, but FYI the old NKJU is in a period of rebuilding. A new president has been appointed and the organization has new officers, by-laws and membership. The current configuration is mainly Shito-ryu folks, but there are a few Shotokan and other stylists re-affiliating, as well. It is not a belt mill and I've been very satisfied with the level of support and interaction I've received from the new administration.

Likes (received)

Interesting---and you may indeed be right about the longest dormant thread.
    Chris Thomas

"While people are entitled to their illusions, they are not entitled to a limitless enjoyment of them and they are not entitled to impose them upon others."

"Team Cynicism" MVP 2005-2006
    Currently on "Injured/Reserve" list due to a scathing Sarcasm pile-up.