Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ninso

Likes (received)

Default Ninso

Hi everyone,

First of all I'd like to state that I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here it goes:

Recently I've been introduced to the consept of Ninso in my dojo. Sensei talked about it and shared his knowledge with us. Still, after I got home I did a google search with that key word and the only thing I could read was a two-liner on a Ninjutsu website.
    From what I gathered so far it is a very profound form of body language reading that ties to the martial way in too many ways to describe here.
    Anyway, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on it for me and maybe develop the concept a little bit.

Thank you very much.
    Francisco Esteves
    Sankyu, Aoinagi-ha Shito-Ryu Karate-do

Likes (received)

Never ever heared of it. To be quite honest though: sounds quite suspicious.
    (Sheez... in the days of the internet, one gets paranoid )
    Achim Steigert
    Bujinkan Te-Nage Dōjō
    Bujinkan Budō Taijutsu
    Shodan - translated: beginners grade

Likes (received)

Default Inzo?

Are you talking about Inzo, as in mudra hand positions?
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

人相 is what he means, it's reading facial expressions and body language
    Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

Thats it Baio !!!
    Any comments on that ?!?!? (I can't read kanji)

Thank you
    Francisco Esteves
    Sankyu, Aoinagi-ha Shito-Ryu Karate-do

Likes (received)

Anyone who is interested in self-protection should develop skills in this area.
    Many women I have known have tended to be very good at this, because socially their safety is very much a factor of understanding what others are about to do.

Things to be aware of are posture (a reflection of one's level of relaxation), where eyes are focussing (and where they are not focussing), how open or closed a person's position is. Tension in the face is important.

The best way to learn this is to do it and apply it. People can give you hints and what not, but they are not always cross culturally significant or applicable to your needs. There is no real magic to it, but a person who is very good at it will seem to be somewhat mystical to those who are not particularly observant.

A good read on predicting the behavior of others and learning to recognize cues in relation to self-protection is Gavin DeBecker's The Gift of Fear. There are also some books out there on the con game (marks, pigeons, whatnot) which are interesting to read or at least thumb through.

There is no magic technique other than watching, listening, and considering things in a way that may be outside of your own prejudices.
    Glenn R. Manry

---Iaijutsu, don't forget the doorman.

Likes (received)

iirc there's something in the shoninki. there is a german translation on amazon.de.

hth,

paolo
    Paolo Rossi
    Italy