Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Prospect Searching for active/authentic Japenese Jujutsu school in Philadelphia, PA

Likes (received)

Cool Prospect Searching for active/authentic Japenese Jujutsu school in Philadelphia, PA

Too all of the E-Budo.com family I (Alonzo Haughton) am eagerly searching for a active/authentic Japenese Jujutsu school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA. Believe me when I tell you I have inquired through the yellow pages, internet, fellow martial artists, etc. Philadelphia seems to have its share of martial arts styles but I am unable to locate a active/authentic Japenese Jujutsu school. Help would be appreciated in the form of the specific style, school name, website (if available), phone number, head instructor. Thanks.
    Alonzo Haughton

Likes (received)

There is a Daito Ryu Mainline Study Group, Headed by Derek Steele recently finding a home in Philadelphia. Here is their website. They are under the direction of Kondo Sensei.

http://www.budophiladelphia.org/Budo...ladelphia.html
    Rick Jones

Likes (received)

Cool Prospect Searching for active/authentic Japenese Jujutsu school in Philadelphia, PA

I appreciate your help "jonesin". Could recommend some judo instructor(s) as well.
    Alonzo Haughton

Likes (received)

Not locally, I haven't trained directly in the art, I have heard very good things about Ogasawara Sensei in north Jersey, but i don't know if he is still active.

I do know of a few in California. Little too much of a commute.

Ask again with that heading on these forums and you may find someone with first hand knowledge of the area.
    Rick Jones