Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Koryu information resources

Likes (received)

Thank you I will be sure to look into those books. It is hard to investigate Koryu in America and with my weak Japanese.

Likes (received)

If you have the money...

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...me.php?cat=307

The Nihon Kobudo Series are awesome! I actually forked the money over for a few of them myself, and I don't regret it...nope, not one bit...even if I nearly spent $500 on my current collection...no sir...heheh...heh...

Good luck!
    Alex Guillermo

Likes (received)

Dean Eichler der Zweite
    Bujinkan Keiko Dojo
    Owner www.korisuya.com Ninjutsu tools

Likes (received)

There is a shibu dojo in Andorra (AAKEN - Associació Andorrana de Kendo) managed by Miquel Morancho sensei, Mokuroku Tatsumi ryu Heiho.
    Morancho sensei teaches Tatsumi both in Andorra and Spain where there are established several groups.
    http://www.kendo-andorra.org/aaken/Index.htm
    kaji
    www.seibukan.es
    Víctor Herrero
    Barcelona, Spain
    www.seibukan.es

Likes (received)

For those of you who don't get the email updates, Mrs. Skoss has now uploaded images of the dustjackets and table of contents for her new book.

In related news, I now have drool all over my keyboard.
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

Father christmas will come early this year..yum!
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

They're taking orders! *giggles with excitement*
    David Sims

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - Terry Pratchet

My opinion is, in all likelihood, worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Likes (received)

A note to all who are considering buying the book - it will also be available through Barnes and Noble, but please order directly from Diane. Koryu.com makes more from direct orders than they do through B&N, and we need to support our Budo Businesses!

Josh

Likes (received)

Thanks, Josh!

In addition to the reason Josh cited, you'll also be sure to get your book much more quickly if you purchase direct from Koryu Books. Also, Otake Sensei benefits more if you buy from us.

Cheers!

Diane Skoss
    Koryu.com

Likes (received)

When I asked my instructor whether I could have his original Deity and the Sword books (which he got for free!) after he bought the new book, all he did was laugh!
    Joost van Schijndel

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by jest
    When I asked my instructor whether I could have his original Deity and the Sword books (which he got for free!) after he bought the new book, all he did was laugh!
    What do you mean here? Deity and the Sword are better reference? I read somewhere that the new book contained all the material in Deity and the Sword. Am I wrong?

Regards.
    Alejandro Villanueva.

Likes (received)

Default It is ALIVE!!!

Guess what made a surprise appearance at the dojo today?

No, not my hiki-otoshi or sense of ma-ai. (Those itinerant jackanapes don't even call anymore.)

Yes....you guessed it.... (probably from the title of this thread...no putting anything past you guys)....an advance copy of THE BOOK.

We drooled on it for about ten minutes before Diane tore it from our clutches and laughed at our pleas for just a few more seconds. "The truck rolls in next week, rabble," was the only solace we received. She then proceeded to beat on us with a stick!! Can you believe that?

In all seriousness, the book looks great. The pictures are top-notch, and the text is quite user-friendly. It's definitely got some weight to it and is well put-together. (Seems like a nerdy thing to say, but I had several books that needed triage from a simple read-through and it drives me nuts. Not going to happen with this one.)

Diane really did say that the truck is due next week (the “rabble” was poetic license on my part), so the schedule is still on track.

If your copy does wind up having some drool on it…well….I apologize.

Kevin Cantwell

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Flintstone
    What do you mean here? Deity and the Sword are better reference? I read somewhere that the new book contained all the material in Deity and the Sword. Am I wrong?

Regards.
    Definitely not wrong - the new book contains all the old information, plus more. Though hopefully not Kevin's drool.

Josh

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Flintstone
    What do you mean here? Deity and the Sword are better reference? I read somewhere that the new book contained all the material in Deity and the Sword.
    My New International Version Bible has substantially the same material in the 1455 Gutenberg Bible, yet I doubt I could convince any museums to trade mine for theirs.

I suspect the same issue is at work here: there is a collectable and/or sentimental aspect to the original version that a new version can't repace.
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Lerner
    Definitely not wrong - the new book contains all the old information, plus more. Though hopefully not Kevin's drool.
    I'll do a compete review and comparison when my copy arrives. (Hopefully in a few weeks?)

If there's any drool on it or the accompanying volumes I'll be sending them back!
    Yours in Budo,
    ---Brian---

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast