Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seattle welcomes "Sake Nomi"!

Likes (received)

Default Seattle welcomes "Sake Nomi"!

Soon to open here in Seattle, Sake Nomi is dedicated to the appreciation and enjoyment of Sake.

Johnnie & Taiko Stroud are the proprietors of the establishment, and the grand opening hopefully will be in late April.

If you find yourself in the Seattle Pioneer Square area, the store is located at 76 South Washington street. This is just south of the downtown core, and west of the International district.

Both the bleeding heart liberal rags, err, Seattle fine major newspapers just had write ups for Sake Nomi, so take a look at these for more details:

Seattle Times article:
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...3_taste04.html

Seattle Post-Intelligencer article:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/310158_dining04.html

Check out the website too:
    www.sakenomi.us

Maybe an e-budo gathering at Sake Nomi when they are open?

Likes (received)

>Napoleon Dynamite< Luh-key... >/Napoleon Dynamite<

Be well,
    Jigme
    Jigme Chobang Daniels
    aoikoyamakan at gmail dot com

Likes (received)

Default lucky me but a bit sad too

Lucky me... my office is a 5 minute walk from this place. Friday afternoon I drifted on over there to see how construction was going and sad to say, it looks to me like they won't be open any too soon. Lots and lots of construction left to do by the looks of it.

We have exchanged email a few times Neil but have yet to meet. Perhaps we could meet up there for a taste of the good stuff when they finally do open.

I'll keep an eye on the place for sure and will post to this thread when they look ready to open.

T. Harold James

Likes (received)

Default Sake Nomi update

More information on Sake Nomi from Johnnie Stroud:

First, the bad news: Due to unforeseen construction delays (what other kind are there?), our opening schedule has been delayed, and we're approximately 3-4 weeks away. We hope to open the doors for business toward the end of May or early June, with the "grand opening" to happen in mid-June. Since you're on our mailing list, we'll keep you posted so you can be among the first to visit and sneak a peek before the grand opening festivities.

The good news? We've been working with our suppliers to get access to even more saké brands, and will have upwards of 170 different labels available for your exploration and enjoyment. We've made tremendous progress on the space at 76 S. Washington, and we're confident we're creating a unique and comfortable atmosphere in which to indulge your saké-related desires.

If you want to be kept aprised of the opening and news, go to: www.sakenomi.us

Likes (received)

They're not that far from my Tuesday/Thursday office space in Pike Place Market, so I'm all for a meetup.

Josh

Likes (received)

Default Now Open!

Well, Johnnie Stroud just called me and reports they are now open for business in Seattle's Pioneer Square.

Store hours are 11-7 weekdays, 12-6 weekends.

So, Seattle ebudoka, who's up for a visit?

Remember, it's quality tasting, not drinking, quality tasting. It's just that there are so many sake to check for quality.

Likes (received)

Default Grand Opening

Latest word from Johnnie on the store. If you are around, maybe some of us e-budoka will get some face time over some sake.

--

Seeking relief from the hot spell? Come join us for a chilled glass of the good stuff -- premium Japanese sake! We've just changed the weekly menu, and we are featuring some wonderfully refreshing selections. Temperatures are high, and prices are low, so get in here and chill out!!

RE: Sake Nomi Grand Opening: Saturday, July 21 @ Noon- 6 p.m.
    It is with great pleasure (and more than a little relief!) that we cordially invite you to Sake Nomi's "Grand Opening" on Sat., July 21, Noon- 6 p.m. Though we've been "unofficially" open since June 27, the grand opening is a chance for us to say thanks for the support you've lent us thus far, and allows us to introduce ourselves and our concept to you -- over some free sake pours, of course!

We'll be featuring a "taru" cask of sake from Japan that is currently unavailable in the U.S., some light snacks, and a few small gifts (while supplies last). The cost to you is -- free! Please bring your friends and family (as long as they are 21 years of age or older), and stop by to say "Hi."

We look forward to seeing you and welcoming you to Sake Nomi.

Kanpai!

Likes (received)

My wife and I went to the opening. They have a beuatiful setup with sake grouped by region. There is lots of information on the walls about the prepartion, drinking and differnt styles of sake. There are detailed flovor reviews directly on the shelf over each different bottle, very helpful. They were serving a cask sake usually only availibel in Japan and then three others from dry to sweet. (I apologized I cannot remeber the names and forgot the tasting sheet). Robert and his wife were gracious hosts and gave all the epople who attended a very nice wine bag that I hoep to use in the future.

Best
    Jeremy
    Jeremy Hulley
    Shinto Ryu Iai Batto Jutsu
    TNBBC

Likes (received)

Default Intro to Sake class

Katrina and I both attended. It was a blast...John and Taiko really knwo their stuff, pour a mean cup of sake and have great food.
    Jeremy Hulley
    Shinto Ryu Iai Batto Jutsu
    TNBBC