Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tanto Jutsu and Tanto Dori

Likes (received)

Default Tanto Jutsu and Tanto Dori

I looked and I'm pretty sure I didn't see a forum that has addressed this already, so here I go:

Does the tanto dori that we have in Aikido represent an application of waza against a particular style of tanto jutsu, or is it simply the vector-based strikes done with a wooden knife?

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by autrelle
    I looked and I'm pretty sure I didn't see a forum that has addressed this already, so here I go:

Does the tanto dori that we have in Aikido represent an application of waza against a particular style of tanto jutsu, or is it simply the vector-based strikes done with a wooden knife?
    The Tanto attacks in the Tantodori (Koryu Kata) as done in Tomiki Aikido looks the same with the Tanto attacks done in Wado-ryu Tantodori no Kata. Since both styles has no connections with each other, I think they're not based on any specific style, but rather, just like you said. Vector-based strikes (Yokomen, Gyaku, Shomen, Mune Tsuki) done with a wooden knife.
    Ben Haryo (This guy has low IQ and uses a dialect which vaguely resembles Bad English).

Likes (received)

Pretty much what I'm thinking also...I submitted an at length query in the form of a blog submission on AJ. If it goes up then you'll see what I'm trying to find out. It was rather long to post as a topic, but if you're interested let me know and I can email you a copy.

Likes (received)

sure thing, thank you! my email is john_lord_b3@yahoo.com

I hope we will get something informative, thanks to your efforts.
    Ben Haryo (This guy has low IQ and uses a dialect which vaguely resembles Bad English).

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by john_lord_b3
    sure thing, thank you! my email is john_lord_b3@yahoo.com

I hope we will get something informative, thanks to your efforts.

Check your email kind sir. I've had one response regarding technique so far. I'm going to work on that versus the methods I'm favoring and see what flies.

Likes (received)

I have received your .PDF file and are reading it right now. Again, many thanks, my friend. Will get back to you after I'm done reading it.