Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Aikido Philippines website

Likes (received)

Default New Aikido Philippines website

Check out the new website of Aikido Philippines:

www.aikido-philippines.com

Mel Miel

Likes (received)

Thanks for sharing the link. I used to train at the Ateneo Aikido Club while attending college.

Good to know that Aikido Philipppines now has a website.
    Hieroteo Villarosa V

Likes (received)

Mr Villarosa and mr. Miel

If you guys don't mind me asking an off topic question, what is the state of karate in the phillipines ?

Thanks Gentlemen ! By the way that site is awesome.
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Dear Sir:

Greetings!

I'm glad to say Karate is doing very well in the Philippines.

The sport aspect of the style has organizations working to spread it. Two well known groups are: Association for the Advancement of Karate Do (AAK) and Advocacy for the Strengthening of Karate Do (ASK) . If I remember correctly, AAK is recognized by Tommy Morris of Shukokai.

The government recognized National Governing Body is the Philippine Karate Do Federation (PKF). A number of associations are registered with PKF, which selects players for the country's team in international competition.

JKA/Shotokan, Kyokushinkai, Goju Ryu and Shorin Ryu are well represented. The All Japan Karate-Do Federation/Renbukai also trained some good teachers. I know of at least one school that still carries the Renbukai name.

The Korean Moo Duk Kwan and Ji Do Kwan also established branches here. The Moo Duk Kwan now uses "Soo Bahk Do" as the name of their art, while I have heard that the Ji Do Kwan now goes under the Tae Kwon Do name.

There are lots of independent Karate organizations as well. It's a mixed bag, and I've had the good fortune to meet several skilled instructors and their students.

If there's any specific information you'd like, please send me a PM. I'll do my best to get it for you.
    Last edited by X_plosion; 27th May 2007 at 14:07.
    Hieroteo Villarosa V