Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!!!ido's article on Bujinkan.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOne
    ...I have no need to spar for if it came down to it I would be willing to get much dirtier than the average person (even the average MMA fighter).
    Sorry - forgot this one.

This is quite a projection - and a dangerous one at that. The "dirty fighting" is direction proportional to what is at stake.

Two men fighting over pride... not much dirty fighting.

Two men fighting for the lives of their loved ones... the "real" NHB fight.

If you think you are more "dangerous" because you are the only one willing to get dirty... then you have no idea what what the human animal is capable when it is pushed.

Anyway... this goes for anyone... anywhere...

-Daniel

Likes (received)

DWeidman wrote:
    "The guys I train with are amoungst the most pain resistant I have ever dealt with. They have much higher pain thresholds than 99% of the BJK folk I train with. That is just my experience... take it for what it is worth..."

When I was in the Navy, immediately following boot camp, my pain threshold was the highest it's ever been that I can remember. After washing out of the SEAL Challenge program, I was sent to the fleet and about a year later after very little exercise I was sparring with a shipmate. I kicked and he accidentally without too much force elbowed the top of my thigh(I have no idea the name of the muscle group) and I literally got sick and had to sit down.

As from what I hear, regimented excercise routines are not a regular part of many BJK dojos(which I like actually), however, they are in MMA. Bear in mind this could've been simply an isolated incident of kyusho being accidentally struck effectively, however I feel there might be something to it.

Gambatte...
    Gambatte...

Carl Bateman

Likes (received)

Unhappy

Damn, Dweidman already hit up most the things I was going to say.
    LeTerian Bradley

There are no excuses on the mat, in the cage, or on the battlefeild! Train wisely!

Likes (received)

Don't change the spirit of my comment. I said I would be willing to get far dirtier QUICKER because I would never--EVER--be the instigator.

Believe me I train in BBT I KNOW what a human animal is capable of; however, my point was that I would INSTANTLY escalate the fight seeing as how ANY fight I am part of will be the fault of the opponent.

This goes as far as you can imagine. Simply because I DO KNOW what a human is capable of I would avoid all altercations like the plague. If someone attacked me they would have no idea what they are in for.

I do believe that intention is what separates the 2 schools of MA. True TMA come with a philosophy of peace and respect (notice the word TRUE). MMA is a sport--argue until you are blue in the face, MMA is still a sport. I would like to clarify that this does not make one better than the other, it simply distinguishes ones intention from the other. That difference in intention DOES make a difference.

Mehdi Ben
    BBT

Likes (received)

Don't change the spirit of my comment. I said I would be willing to get far dirtier QUICKER because I would never--EVER--be the instigator.

Believe me I train in BBT I KNOW what a human animal is capable of; however, my point was that I would INSTANTLY escalate the fight seeing as how ANY fight I am part of will be the fault of the opponent.

This goes as far as you can imagine. Simply because I DO KNOW what a human is capable of I would avoid all altercations like the plague. If someone attacked me they would have no idea what they are in for.

I do believe that intention is what separates the 2 schools of MA. True TMA come with a philosophy of peace and respect (notice the word TRUE). MMA is a sport--argue until you are blue in the face, MMA is still a sport. I would like to clarify that this does not make one better than the other, it simply distinguishes ones intention from the other. That difference in intention DOES make a difference.

Mehdi Ben
    BBT
    Seriously - ... I don't even know where to start.

If you actually think your world is black and white... then perhaps it is best that you are training as a ninjer.

I mean... you realize you are going against what BBT is all about here... right? At a common sense level - you MUST be aware that NO one in the BJK talks about complete escalation to lethal force. If everyone else in the BJK understands the force escalation ladder... why are you not able to understand it?

-Daniel

Likes (received)

... and something which you have to keep in mind in the willingness of witnesses to testify against you. Much better that they don't. I'm talking about the entirity of a situation here.

Josef Vlach

Likes (received)

Believe me I train in BBT I KNOW what a human animal is capable of;
    Do these two go hand in hand? I wonder...

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo-san
    ... and something which you have to keep in mind in the willingness of witnesses to testify against you. Much better that they don't. I'm talking about the entirity of a situation here.

Josef Vlach
    So true. Never leave witnesses unless you can convert them to your side. I suggest first threatening family members and if they don't play ball take out one in front of the others to show you mean business. Then cut off the toe of another. No I am not serious here.
    LeTerian Bradley

There are no excuses on the mat, in the cage, or on the battlefeild! Train wisely!

Likes (received)

This whole conversation is just plain juvenile.

The outcome of any physical altercation comes down to the individual, his skill, his heart, his willingness to survive.

It doesn't matter what art you study! I could learn the most deadly art on the planet, but if I don't have the proper fighting spirit it's useless.

MMA will work on the street. taijutsu will work on the street. Hell, strip mall Tae Kwon Do will work on the street... if the right person at the right time is using it.

You will win some, you will lose some. You just hope your losses don't end up in serious injury or death, or your wins for that matter!

Train hard in what ever you study and cultivate a good fighting spirit and you will be able to handle 98% of the physical confrontations you may encounter in your lifetime, regardless what you study.

Peace & Blessings

Kevin
    Kevin Kerridge

Likes (received)

At least we're all bulletproof eh?

Phew!
    Adam C R Hurley -
    I know nothing - Manuel, Fawlty Towers.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kerridge
    The outcome of any physical altercation comes down to the individual, his skill, his heart, his willingness to survive.
    The SKILL part is what really is going to come into play. Pple like to say that HEART will carry them through but thats really LUCK not heart. You can have all the heart in the world and the will to survive but if you lack in skill then the rest really doesn't make up for it.

It doesn't matter what art you study! I could learn the most deadly art on the planet, but if I don't have the proper fighting spirit it's useless.
    True but many arts and their practitioners think they have it but don't.

MMA will work on the street. taijutsu will work on the street. Hell, strip mall Tae Kwon Do will work on the street... if the right person at the right time is using it.
    The only problem I have with this is the "right person at the right time." It seems to trust more in luck and I prefer to stack the deck in my favor. You never know who you will be in an altercation with so I'd rather train for the worse and hope for the best. By that I mean if I train to beat the MMA fighter (who would most likely be toughest of the 3 examples you mentioned) then the taijutsu and TKD guy should be easier.

You will win some, you will lose some. You just hope your losses don't end up in serious injury or death, or your wins for that matter!
    You can't leave witnesses so DEATH for everyone!!!!!

True statement but despite what some pple will have you think the vast majority of altercations aren't that serious but you should be prepared (not paranoid) if it does come to that.

Train hard in what ever you study and cultivate a good fighting spirit and you will be able to handle 98% of the physical confrontations you may encounter in your lifetime, regardless what you study.
    I will agree to train hard. However, I do not believe all arts are equal. This is a fact that many don't want to acknowledge. Some arts do a much better job in preparing pple to fight than others.
    LeTerian Bradley

Likes (received)

No need to wonder I've had my sensei grab my trachea and almost rip it out--I know how brutal things can get.

Mehdi Ben
    BBT

Likes (received)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

watch from 5 minutes in.

ps im definatly not saying that xkan waza are like this, but I think we have to be grounded in reality when it comes to self defence.
    Paul Greaves
    ''Skill is aquired via sweat equity''

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by bu-kusa
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

watch from 5 minutes in.

ps im definatly not saying that xkan waza are like this, but I think we have to be grounded in reality when it comes to self defence.
    This isnt one of those clips that will make you tear your own hair off and gouge out your eye-balls with a dull soap-dispenser is it?
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred27
    This isnt one of those clips that will make you tear your own hair off and gouge out your eye-balls with a dull soap-dispenser is it?
    Only if you think everything in BBT is trained effectively for SD.
    LeTerian Bradley

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast