Likes Likes:  0

Thread: have/had a break

Likes (received)

Default have/had a break

Hai,

I have a question,

I have not been abble to train the past 2 months because of my work entirely ( I was not in holland and found no Dojo in the region I was in France). As of next week I'll start again.
    Tips of someone who knows this??

I see the advantages:
    - nag blessure gets the time to heal
    - everything what I real know is still there, the rest is just as missing, therefore I get insight in what there really is and what only continues hang at constant recurrence
    - I must choose again for training, imstead 'I go because I the always do'

what have you done that have pleased or have disappointed you??

Thirza.

ps;
    I have put (very small) my goal on next exam in December, therefore want to go ahead 100 % …

Likes (received)

Two months is nothing, all your techniques should still be there. You'll be surprised at just how little you have forgotten.

The hardest thing about a two-month break is just going back at all - you covered this in point 3. Having a goal should help.

Personally, I'm still in the middle of a long break from BJJ, and still trying to get motivated to train again (which would involve travelling to the other side of town or changing schools - both of which I'm reluctant to do.). I'm doing judo in the meantime which is fun, but not quite the same...

Good luck!
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

He Mike,

thanks for the reply and the reassuring words about what I have/have not forgoten.

I have more then one motivation to do Aikido at this Dojo; it is 'only' 40 km away (on way ofcourse...).
    There are a lot of other dojo's nearby, but since I am a trainer myself, the teaching skills count doubble for me.
    I train minimum twice a week and I would jump whenever my Sensei would give class more close to me. It would be extra training in stead of the same then.

Thanks Thirza.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza
    Hai,

I have a question,

I have not been abble to train the past 2 months because of my work entirely ( I was not in holland and found no Dojo in the region I was in France). As of next week I'll start again.
    Tips of someone who knows this??
    If you have a PC nearby, simply watch DVDs of Aikido lessons when you have spare time. This way, the techniques never leaves your head
    Ben Haryo (This guy has low IQ and uses a dialect which vaguely resembles Bad English).

Likes (received)

I had quite a few breaks in my studies, mostly, when I was younger and much nearer the begining of study.

One advice - start slowly and do not expect yourself to be as you were before (not practicing does have an effect).

Amir
    Amir Krause

Likes (received)

Hello Thirza,

I assume you will begin training again at Alec's dojo.

On a related matter, I have almost deciphered the kanji you gave me with the picture of the horse you gave me two years ago. You have no idea how long it took to find someone who could read the Chinese characters.

So, get back into training gently, especially with ukemi, and I hope that we will meet on the mat in March 2008.

Best wishes,

PAG
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Hello Peter,

Yes, no other teacher for me... Alec is my Sensei.
    I will take the time I need to feel sure again before I speed things up. The last trainings I was told to slow down and study more anyway, in stead of 'produce techniques'. I have been helping from March until June with the new started group and learned al lot by having to explain and train with al new aikidoka's.

I ‘ve trained last Saturday, I was in Holland for 1 day, now I’m back in France and are here for another week.
    It was ok and again training with the new started group, was good for calmness and overview.
    I got some black outs where the Uke was not giving any direction/energy, so I had to generate the movement. Ukemi was not a big item this training, so I had no pressure on that part. Next week I’ll be back in Holland and then take up training and take care of myself.

I feel heavy on having asked you the question, because it came out as a great demand.
    I thank you very much for the time and social network you have put into it.
    I now hope that it is a 'nice' kanji, with some real message....
    It is hanging in my house, in my little dojo.

In March we will meet for sure, (are there already fixed date's?)
    A sub-related matter, Leo has been with me and the horses, first day walking with them and at the end of second day a bit riding...
    If you want to, you are always welcome to come, meet the heard, and maybe even ride a bit....
    Or if you want to visit something/somebody in Holland and need transportation, please ask me, so I can return some of the energy you have put in for me,

thank you again, Thirza.