Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dojo in London, Ontario, Canada

Likes (received)

Question Dojo in London, Ontario, Canada

Greetings,

Any recommendations for Dojos in Canada for London, Ontario. I friend of mine is looking to get back into the Martial Arts and is open to anything along the lines of Traditional Japanese Martial Arts. Something with a lineage and a connection to a Dojo in Japan would be ideal.

Please advise. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Warmest Regards

Likes (received)

Bryn,

There are at least two yoshinkan Aikido clubs in London. Both are affiliated to the Yoshinkan Hombu in Japan through the IYAF (International Yoshinkan Aikido Federation). Jamie Sheppard is a sensei at on and the other is Ash Hennesy I believe. There may also be another Yoshinkan club but am not too sure what their status is. Google is your friend as are other Yoshinkan sites such as www.aikido.ca which is Kimeda sensei's site (my dojo) which has links to other dojos in the surrounding area.

Best of luck,

Dan.
    Dan Botari

Likes (received)

Default Goju Ryu karate

Classical Martial Arts - Meibukan Goju Ryu, Sensei Brian Robb
    P.O. Box 20108 London, Ontario Canada N6K 4G6 (519) 657-7135
    http://www.imgka.com/dojo.htm

I trained here in 1993-4. It was my first Martial Arts club, and I am still training in Goju Ryu today (Jundokan).

Brian is an e-budo member.
    Liam Cognet

Likes (received)

Forest City Kendo, not entirely sure it's still running since the website seems to be unavailable... http://forestcitykendo.ca/index.htm

Anyone?

Kim Taylor

Likes (received)

There are three Yoshinkan Aikido schools in London, ON, all related to each other and all IYAF members.

www.seikeikan.com/yoshinkandojo.php

Quote Originally Posted by dbotari
    Bryn,

There are at least two yoshinkan Aikido clubs in London. Both are affiliated to the Yoshinkan Hombu in Japan through the IYAF (International Yoshinkan Aikido Federation). Jamie Sheppard is a sensei at on and the other is Ash Hennesy I believe. There may also be another Yoshinkan club but am not too sure what their status is. Google is your friend as are other Yoshinkan sites such as www.aikido.ca which is Kimeda sensei's site (my dojo) which has links to other dojos in the surrounding area.

Best of luck,

Dan.
    Steven Miranda
    Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento
    http://www.seikeikan.com