Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Photography

Likes (received)

Default My Photography

Here's a link to a few pictures I've taken over the past few months, some of which are in Japan, Philidelphia, and Florida.

I've only been at it since the start of the summer, so let me know what you think, any criticism is welcome.

Some of the shots look like they may be out of focus, but the photos were shrunk by the upload program, so that may be why. The originals are nice and crisp.

http://skidmore.facebook.com/album.p...5d&id=12201202
    Last edited by Mike Haftel; 29th August 2007 at 05:32.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Haftel
    Here's a link to a few pictures I've taken over the past few months, some of which are in Japan, Philidelphia, and Florida.

I've only been at it since the start of the summer, so let me know what you think, any criticism is welcome.

Some of the shots look like they may be out of focus, but the photos were shrunk by the upload program, so that may be why. The originals are nice and crisp.

http://skidmore.facebook.com/album.p...5d&id=12201202

Great Albums Mike ! Thanks for sharing !
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

Great pics, man. Only thing I would think about is the format. I mean it looks too much like a photo. Did you ever try to isolate the main theme in a different format, kind of 16:9 or something?
    Best regards

Andreas Quast

We are Pope!

Likes (received)

Default Enjoyed your photos.

Mike, I really enjoyed your photos, especially 14, 16, 24, and 31. Keep at it!!

Ben
    -Ben Jenkins-Provost-

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shikiyanaka
    Great pics, man. Only thing I would think about is the format. I mean it looks too much like a photo. Did you ever try to isolate the main theme in a different format, kind of 16:9 or something?
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I know nothing about actual photography.

I'm using a Canon Powershot SD800. I think it can do 16:9, but I don't know how to utilize that feature.

If you know how, let me know.

Likes (received)

From someone who is a photographer, to someone who isn't a photographer.....I'm very impressed (and a little jealous) with your work.

You seem to have a great eye...which is way more important than having the technical skill of knowing how to use all the bells and whistles on your camera.

Back in college, I had the good fortune to meet master photographer Duane Michals (he shot the Police's Synchronicity album...among his many accolades) who said he knew NOTHING about photograhpy when he started shooting. In fact, he started taking pictures with a simple point-and-click and found people liked his work. That's when he decided to learn.

He's considered one of the premire photographers today.

I say this to encourage you to keep shooting, you're off to a great start.

~Jim
    Jim Mahanes

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodog
    From someone who is a photographer, to someone who isn't a photographer.....I'm very impressed (and a little jealous) with your work.

You seem to have a great eye...which is way more important than having the technical skill of knowing how to use all the bells and whistles on your camera.

Back in college, I had the good fortune to meet master photographer Duane Michals (he shot the Police's Synchronicity album...among his many accolades) who said he knew NOTHING about photograhpy when he started shooting. In fact, he started taking pictures with a simple point-and-click and found people liked his work. That's when he decided to learn.

He's considered one of the premire photographers today.

I say this to encourage you to keep shooting, you're off to a great start.

~Jim
    Wow. Thank you!

I really enjoy it. I actually found out how to switch to 16:9 last night. I'm going to keep at it.

Maybe I'll get into advertising or marketing or art or who knows what...

I also opened a Deviant Art account. There are larger pics and more of them there. I'll update it every now and then with new pics.

http://haftelm.deviantart.com

Enjoy. I also welcome any criticism. I know I need to work on clearing the background of unwanted clutter.