Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Akira Hino / Keido Yamuaue

Samurai Jack Guest

Default Akira Hino / Keido Yamuaue

Brently Keen
    ...inherently consistent because [Aiki Karv Maga] draws it's technical content from diverse arts with different operating systems, and thus sometimes conflicting operating principles/strategies. Such systems suffer IMHO from internal incoherence or inconsistency because the efficacy of their techniques depends on the "harmony" of the principles and their basic body movements. ...further increases this internal incompatiblity, because the basic body movements/principles are totally different.
    Great obeservation, after reading this I saw a vid on Youtube regarding Aiki-jujitsu of Soke Keido Yamuaue. He seemed to be consistant and coherent to Roppokai in some respects.

Pls provide comment.

The vid is long 23 mins and starts off with Capoeira, then stick fighting, then aikido and finally the Soke is last. He is at the end. The referancing time mark is at about 16:40 mins into the vid, Martial Arts Exhibition - Risør, Norway July 8th 2000. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY60Y866D5A

There are other vids of the Soke of lesser quality doing a single technique. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KItwrQQ-AKo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23iyVYiNII

My personal comment is that this Soke is in for a Hino or Kiai Master Ryu Kerin moment of truth.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 16th September 2007 at 22:14.

Samurai Jack Guest

Default Ref: Hino's and Kiai Master's Moments of Truth

I am presenting the following as a referance for those for who don't know about Hino or Yanagiryuken.

AKira Hino

For those who don't know about Akira Hino, please watch in order to get max effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl0eLuvc_8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-OxVEdBWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zhb-sL-pcU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On5eEyDvmLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8 (the moment of truth)

Home Page
    http://www.hino-budo.com/

Article
    http://www.hino-budo.com/english1.html

Kiai master 'Yanagiryuken'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tib2Urowsdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMgVmFzBrus (the moment of truth)
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 16th September 2007 at 22:39.

Likes (received)

" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a0_8 (the moment of truth)"

This one you listed as Akira Hino is Yanagiryuken.

I can't find any videos of Hino getting his butt kicked, but there are a couple vids where he plays jazz drums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cguKiGQHhng
    John Connolly

Yamamoto Ha Fluffy Aiki Bunny Ryu

Samurai Jack Guest

Default Correction: $%^#...I can't find Hino getting beat down

To John and all,

Thank you for pointing out the error, you are correct about the youtube link stated as Akira Hino's moment of truth. That link is not Akira Hino getting a whoopin. I can't find that vid now, which I did before. It was a fairly recent vid too. Maybe the Hino vid is titled in Japanese.

If someone could find that vid where Akira Hino gets beat-up, that would be great. If not, what I can remember of it is Hino doesn't have a fighting chance and is beat very quickly and easily by not so well trained P/K/MMA. Any help on finding that vid would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I was just offering the Hino vid links in support of the thread wanting people to comment on feats such as those preformed by Soke Keido Yamuaue. Now, if the vid on Hino's moment of truth can't be found no worries, it was just to support my comment that this Aikijujutsu Soke is a fake. It is just too bad I can't find the vid where Hino pathetically gets beaten. I have no doubt Yamauaue comes from the same school of non-sense.

Sorry for the mix-up.

The main point is in referance to Brently's keen observation there seems to be some consistence and coherency of these individual's techniques, say that of Roppokai as Brently mentioned as an example, which I will use here as well, in regard to Yamauaue. Yamauaue seems to preform the same rigamortis type immobilization as demonstrated by Okamoto. Hino's didn’t demonstrate the immobilization skills but he did demonstrate a technique that is vastly similar to that of Okamoto and Kondo. It is a technique were the sensei is hoisted horizontally like a corpse in the air and carried by a group of students. Then the sensei slightly moves a bit and all the students come crashing down. In Hino’s case he move much more that Okamoto or Kondo and gets the same general results of the students being sent crashing to the ground. This all shows consistancy and coherency as mention by Brently which I offered up for comment.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 17th September 2007 at 03:39.

Likes (received)

What's wrong with Akira Hino? I know nothing about him, but he seems to have some decent body skills. Though I'm not the best judge, his sword draw seemed well coordinated.

I don't think he did anything too far out there in those videos, it all seemed *plausible*. I'm more skeptical of the immobilization stuff where the practitioner walks away, leaving the person immobilized. But the stuff on those videos were obviously demos, and say nothing about his ability to fight, per se.
    --Timothy Kleinert

Aikido & Qigongs

Samurai Jack Guest

Default Back on Track

I didn't mean to make this thread about anyone else other than Soke Keido Yamuaue and his Aikijujutsu. My error, therefore, allow me to make the correcction and get the thread's focus back.

I am asking for comment on Yamuaue as a result to Brently's insight. Yamuaue feats are consistant and coherent with (Brently's reference to) Okamoto. It look as if Yamuaue can preform similar spectatular feats that seem to equal those of Roppokai. Any comments or comparisons on Soke Keido Yamuaue in relation to daito ryu aikijujutsu would be very informative.

Timothy Kleinert and others, I am not outside of the idea in discussing Hino as he does seem also to preform similar techniques as seen by Okamoto of Roppokai in a new thread if you like.

Likes (received)

I know you really just want to know if Keido Yamuaue's technique is similar to Roppokai technique, but your post is kinda strange to me, because I think I read Brently's comments differently than you.

To me, it's not that Brently is saying Roppokai is consistent with other forms of Daito-ryu. Rather, he's saying Roppokai is internally consistent (and many modern arts, like Krav Maga, aren't).

For example, let's suppose a hybrid art contains some Aikido throws, where the attacker is manipulated at a distance, but also contains some judo style throws, where the defender closes the gap and throws the attacker at close range. Which is it? Should the practitioner keep the attacker at a distance or close the gap? (BTW, in Aikido there's usually some sort of distance set-up before the attacker is brought in for judo-like throws.)

So it seems strange that you're asking if Keido Yamuaue is consistent with other forms of Daito-ryu. If I follow my understanding of Brently's comments, the question should be whether Keido Yamuaue's teaching are consistent within themselves.

But, anyway, I know that's not really what you want to discuss. I don't know enough about Roppokai or Kodokai to know if Keido Yamuaue's technique is similar or not.
    --Timothy Kleinert

Aikido & Qigongs

Likes (received)

Default Akira Hino?

In another thread, Akira Hino was mentioned with a negative tone. I know nothing nothing about him, but he didn't look so bad in the videos I've seen of him (video A, video B1, video B2, video B3).

So what's the deal with him? What's his background? I did find some videos of him teaching a workshop for... I'm not sure, dance, maybe (video C & video D)?

Now, though, I can't speak Japanese, so I have no clue what's being said in any of the videos. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!
    --Timothy Kleinert

Aikido & Qigongs

Likes (received)

His lineage is supposedly through Takuma Hisa, his grandfather. Is it true, I don't have any idea but the soke-pokey stuff sends up red flags:

http://bushido.org/whfsc/grandmaster/yamaue.htm

Likes (received)

Just google his name. He is a friend of and maybe protege of Masaaki Hatsumi. He authored a book on Hatsumi. I don't know if Akira Hino is in the Bujinkan however, or where his skilz originated from.
    John Connolly

Yamamoto Ha Fluffy Aiki Bunny Ryu

Samurai Jack Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyKleinert
    I know you really just want to know if Keido Yamuaue's technique is similar to Roppokai technique, but your post is kinda strange to me, because I think I read Brently's comments differently than you.

To me, it's not that Brently is saying Roppokai is consistent with other forms of Daito-ryu. Rather, he's saying Roppokai is internally consistent (and many modern arts, like Krav Maga, aren't).

So it seems strange that you're asking if Keido Yamuaue is consistent with other forms of Daito-ryu. If I follow my understanding of Brently's comments, the question should be whether Keido Yamuaue's teaching are consistent within themselves.
    Yes to the first statement. Per the second, Roppokai (split, branched or what have you) is homogeneous art to its parent. It isn't a composite art such as the others mentioned. The principles employed by Roppokai result in a distintive outcome. That outcome is very similar to that of Keido Yamuaue. Now with new information that he is the grandson of Takuma Hisa makes this individual interesting. Which answers the third statement, thus creating more questions about Keido Yamuaue, beyond being on the World Head of Family Sokeship Council.

It would be interesting to further discuss the result of his technique.

Likes (received)

I changed the name of this thread to enhance search results, and merged this thread with the other "Akira Hiro" thread you started.

Another Aikijujutsu Soke? Just what the AJJ world needs!
    Nathan Scott
    Nichigetsukai

"Put strength into your practice, and avoid conceit. It is easy enough to understand a strategy and guard against it after the matter has already been settled, but the reason an opponent becomes defeated is because they didn't learn of it ahead of time. This is the nature of secret matters. That which is kept hidden is what we call the Flower."

- Zeami Motokiyo, 1418 (Fūshikaden)

Samurai Jack Guest

Default Disappointed By Hino

I watched all his vids, I could find. The first vid was what looked like he was in a modern dojo with his students and a TV personality doing a piece on him. I don't speak Japanese either, so I am guess.

What caught my attention was him being hoisted into the air by a group of students and the TV personality. His performance of the technique in comparison to that of the recognized top Daito ryu teachers was not as clean looking. Hino in his technique had somewhat less refinement in his movement. Hino’s body movements when doing the technique where very visible, it was as if he was struggling. Where as with the recognized Daito ryu masters, when they preformed the technique it was very hard to see any movement by them before they sent their students to the ground. I don't doubt the capabilities of the recognized Daito ryu master's techniques. They are not in question by me.

After all the vids, Hino did impress me with his sword draw. Yet, while watching the vids several times I notice errors in his grappling demonstrations with the three interviewers which he had to compensate for. Basically, he could make things work the first time and employed other tricks to make the technique work. In my mind, if you are going to say you have mastered skills, and promote yourself as a master, you don't make errors you need to compensate for by redirecting the uki's attention to make the technique work. You should be able to pull it off in one clean shot.

Then there was the vid (the link I didn't post) where he was wrestling (escaping holds from a student) which looked too much like systema.

Still giving Hino the benefit of doubt, I Googled him. I found out the same stuff as John Connelly posted. Found that interesting enough to read and I stop there- I am not a Ninjitsu student. Then I found the vid where he gets a moment of truth, still can't find it. I was sure I favorite it, along with the other vid of him. Anyway, that was all I needed to render an opinion.

Per Hino's sword drawing skill and dodging, and the gun thing, I reflected to the old west, where many gunslingers practiced fast drawing, as it was essential to living when in a gun fight. They practice shooting as well of course. Today, we have people who practice these gun slinging skills of the old west for recreational sports, or just fast drawing in the mirror. I occurs to me that I don't really think, they think for a minute they are real gunslingers, who could handle themselves in a real gun fight. Fast drawing and shooting skills doesn’t qualify you as a gun slinger, unless you employ that life style. Therefore, this goes for the sword, being able to draw it quickly and cutting a object doesn’t make anyone a sword fighting expert, like a gunslinger. Hino I believe thinks he is a gunslinger based on how he demoed after his impressing quick draw of the sword. His choice demo against soft TV personalities and his skill and the way he demoed was much less impressive then his ability to fast draw the sword.

I did give him points for his kicking and punching demo. That was interesting to see. Though later I had my doubts about his actual abillity.

Overall, it was really hard to see him in his moment of truth which was the last vid I seen. I suspect this too will be true of Soke Yamuaue. I base this on the fact that his technique has similar looking approaches and results as Roppokai instead of Takumakai.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 19th September 2007 at 04:04.

Likes (received)

Timothy is correct with regard to my quote from the other thread. My quote was in response to your question about "Aiki Krav Maga" and had nothing to do with these three other individuals.

I don't really know much about any of the individuals shown in the clips above, other than what is revealed in those vids. As far as their skills go - the tapes are pretty clear (imo) - they are what they are. You all can see for yourselves whatever it is you're able to see.

With regard to my statements quoted from the other thread, I gave the example of Okamoto sensei and his students not to draw (or invite) further comparisions, but to support my point about internal coherence/consistency.

Timothy mentioned the difference between judo & aikido with regard to distance and that's true, but I was thinking more about coherence in body movement (and form).

For example, aikido movements are distinct from judo movements because there are differences in their operating principles/systems. For example, aikido postures and movements are (more or less) based on the sword or the assumption of a sword or weapon, and also multiple opponents. Judo postures and movements OTOH are based on grappling with a gi and the assumption of an unarmed match against a single opponent. Likewise a fundamental principle of judo is to push when pulled, and pull when pushed. However in aikido you enter when pulled and turn when pushed. There are many little differences like these that make up the larger differences in their respective ways of moving and executing techniques. Karate and other styles also have their own assumptions and principles that shape the way that they operate as well.

Regards,

Brently Keen

Likes (received)

Am I missing something here? Where does this Hino guy claim to be a Daito-ryu master? Also, where does it say he is doing Daito-ryu?
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast