Likes Likes:  0

Thread: No boxed set for Human Weapon

Likes (received)

Angry No boxed set for Human Weapon

For those of you like me who were hoping to buy The Human Weapon series as a boxed set, The History Chhannel is only selling them as individual episodes. So if you buy all 10 you'll be paying over $250.00. Compared to their boxed sets of other series that cost between $35-$99, this is pretty outrageous. I wrote to them and asked if they would be releasing the series as a set and they replied that they don't intend to. But I think if they were to get a flood of emails requesting the series to be sold as a set we could get them to change their minds.

Their contact page is here: http://www.aetv.com/global/feedback/...743&x=39&y=13#
    Best regards,
    Bruce Mitchell

Likes (received)

I sent through an enquiry about a boxed set this morning, let's see what comes of it.

With respect
    Dean Whittle
    Sydney, Australia
    www.ninjutsuaustralia.com

Likes (received)

It isn't that good. I would rather get the boxed set for MANswers.
    Ed Boyd

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by CEB
    It isn't that good. I would rather get the boxed set for MANswers.
    I agree that the show isn't great (not worth $25 per episode), but if you ignore Jason and Bill, it is interesting to watch the different teachers and hear what they have to say about their arts. I think that I'd be willing to pay maybe $50 for the series
    Best regards,
    Bruce Mitchell

Likes (received)

Here's the response I got from A&E Home Video about the boxed set concept, along with some information for those outside of Nth America:

"Thank you for contacting A&E Home Video and The History Channel.

Although there is not an immediate plan to create a Human Weapon Box Set, feedback such as yours is certainly an important element of that decision making process!

We try to make as many shows that we air available for sale. The price of an item is directly related to the costs of obtaining the copy rights to the footage, but can also be affected by other factors such as demand. We try to balance the benefit of making a title available, at a higher price due to copy right clearance issues, versus not offering the title for sale.

Unfortunately, due to rights clearance issues our programs are currently only available for sale in North America. Therefore, we cannot ship any items outside of the United States, our territories and/or possessions and Canada.

I would suggest performing a keyword search for the title(s) or subject matter you are looking for at an online site appropriate for your area to see if there are any retailers who might carry the item or something similar.

Regards,

Calvin
    A&E Home Video
    Customer Care Team"

Regards
    Dean Whittle
    Sydney, Australia
    www.ninjutsuaustralia.com

Likes (received)

Default Cut Material

We spent about 5 hours filming with the guys in Okinawa for a beach scene with Kobudo, and it got cut.

If you asked for the boxed set, also ask for deleted scenes to be added.
    Yours in budo.

Likes (received)

Default URL of our group photo

Yours in budo.