Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too many forums!

Likes (received)

Default Too many forums!

E-Budo members and admin,

please, what is the deal with the excess forums? There are only around 2 active threads in each, due to members being spread too thin among what they wanna talk about.

Clean it up, please! There's no need for 60% of them.

-A concerned poster, who doesnt post anymore due to this problem.
    Warren Mirko

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post

please, what is the deal with the excess forums? There are only around 2 active threads in each, due to members being spread too thin among what they wanna talk about.

For $155 per half hour, we could start soon. Will you be paying by paypal or by check ???
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

I enjoy the "New Posts" feature. It allows me to survey the activity of the entire site since the last time I visited.
    Josh Reyer

Swa sceal man don, žonne he ęt guše gengan ženceš longsumne lof, na ymb his lif cearaš. - The Beowulf Poet

Likes (received)

What new posts feature ?

Oh, just seen it, sorry.

Osu
    Trevor
    Trevor Gilbert
    ("If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying "Here goes number seventy-one" - Richard M. DeVos)

Likes (received)

I only use the "new posts" feature. This frequently leads me to stick my oar in places I have no business (Karate, SK, the ninjers... ). It's fun!
    Cheers,

Mike
    No-Kan-Do

Likes (received)

E-budo is not only about new posts, its about the archive of posts we have. That is why things are going to stay the same.

Use the new posts feature and you will be fine. Of course, there is a secret forum that you don't have access to. It tends to be a bit naughty in there, and normally only men venture into it.
    John Lindsey

Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post

Simplex,

You would be surprised at the all new features that have come with the recent forum upgrade. For example, there is an icon (like two arrows) at the far right of all the main forum headings. If you click this, you can shut off the entire block of forums. So, if you want to feel 'exclusive', you only have to see the forums that you want to read and you can ignore the rest.
    Peter Goldsbury,
    Forum Administrator,
    Hiroshima, Japan

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Lindsey View Post
    Of course, there is a secret forum that you don't have access to. It tends to be a bit naughty in there, and normally only men venture into it.
    Ha. That's the ONE forum I kept pestering Mr. Kohler to let me be the moderator of while you were away. I told him that sometimes you naughty boys need strict discipline from a strong woman to keep you in line.

Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cady Goldfield View Post
    Ha. That's the ONE forum I kept pestering Mr. Kohler to let me be the moderator of while you were away. I told him that sometimes you naughty boys need strict discipline from a strong woman to keep you in line.

Cady, I think you just earned a new Title. Check it out under your name...
    John Lindsey

Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.

Likes (received)

That is too funny!
    George Kohler

Genbukan Kusakage dojo
    Dojo-cho

Likes (received)

Hahahahaha.
    Verrrry funny, John.
    100 pushups for you, boys. Drop and do 'em.
    On your knuckles, with one hand behind your back. *CRACK*!
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Default Dear Dojo Dominatrix

Dear Dojo Dominatrix...

We ran into a problem in training and wanted your advice.

Recently while training in hojojutsu and one of the particulary tricky ties where maintaining the correct diamond pattern is so difficult, my training partner was screaming out the correct safeword, "sea dolphin" but since we were training in a traditional Japanese art at the time, I felt she should have used "Umi no Iruka".

After asking the local nawashibori groups, who all looked at us like we were nuts, the other gimps, err, students, wanted to ask the sage advice of you. Scott Irey feels that the spirit is the main thing, but the language used is important to help instill the correct spirit, but in advanced gim... students, the language used didn't really matter.

Do you feel that not using the Japanese language in cases like this is OK? We feel that not using the Japanese terms in training causes one to lose the cultural connections which attracted us to training in the first place. Please let us know what your position is in this situation. We have 12 bamboo rod lashes riding on the answer!

Eagerly awaiting your reply...

Likes (received)

Impertinent boy. Such an impudent question has earned you an hour bound in wet cotton sheets, stretched out on a plank while a very fat man squats and eats large quantities of pickled cabbage and garbanzos, his naked buttocks a mere inch from your nostrils.

And just when you think that you cannot bear another moment, he'll...

Oops. Wrong forum.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Cady --

I didn't know you trained with Aaron and his guys.

Mark Murray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Yamamoto View Post
    Dear Dojo Dominatrix...

We ran into a problem in training and wanted your advice.

Recently while training in hojojutsu and one of the particulary tricky ties where maintaining the correct diamond pattern is so difficult, my training partner was screaming out the correct safeword, "sea dolphin" but since we were training in a traditional Japanese art at the time, I felt she should have used "Umi no Iruka".

After asking the local nawashibori groups, who all looked at us like we were nuts, the other gimps, err, students, wanted to ask the sage advice of you. Scott Irey feels that the spirit is the main thing, but the language used is important to help instill the correct spirit, but in advanced gim... students, the language used didn't really matter.

Do you feel that not using the Japanese language in cases like this is OK? We feel that not using the Japanese terms in training causes one to lose the cultural connections which attracted us to training in the first place. Please let us know what your position is in this situation. We have 12 bamboo rod lashes riding on the answer!

Eagerly awaiting your reply...
    Not to interrupt the Dojo Dominatrix, er, well, okay I am interrupting her.

But, wouldn't his really depend on who's buying the best Scotch for after class drinks? I mean, we wouldn't want to flog that person, would we?

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast