Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too many forums!

Likes (received)

I think that flogging followed by primo Scotch are part of the same "package," Mark. And maybe some very good Havana cigars.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Cady, I have you pictured in my mind looking like Lady Heather from CSI. Please say it is true!
    John Lindsey

Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Lindsey View Post
    Of course, there is a secret forum that you don't have access to. It tends to be a bit naughty in there, and normally only men venture into it.
    Funny thing is, that when I joined the forums in 2002, the forum software had a small bug that allowed new members to see that secret forum. I was able to see and read the secret forum, but I as I made my first post, this privilege was taken away from me. I was too confused to even ask what happened to that forum I was once able to see. I believe the admins gave me a hint to just read e-budo and never to post. I ruined the fun for the rest of my life.
    Ville Penttilä

Internet is a vast liberal plot to destroy humanity and make the entire Earth blow up like a gigantic cake crammed full of homosexuals and foreigners

Likes (received)

John,
    If that's what you'd like to believe, go right ahead.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Strangely enough, I am getting turned-on by this thread. Thanks, Cady, but I am afraid I will have to be the one holding the riding crop and deploying the handcuffs.

Damn, I gotta spend more time here.....

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Default Umm...

Ohhhhhhkay. Time for this thread to get moved to that aforementioned "invisible forum"! You know. The one John and George won't let me be the moderator for.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Just remember who started this sordid little mess Cady, and that it wasn't ME.

Don't mind me and my smart-butt comments too much; I am sitting around the house on a ton of pain meds. I had extensive shoulder surgery three weeks ago. I have to amuse myself somehow.

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Humor aside, let me say that I have also seen a good many categories on various forums that lie fallow for months at a time. Certainly one would like to convey the idea that a given forum is well-rounded and interesting. No problem there. However, I wonder if it might not be better to update a forum by reducing the number of categories and, instead, make the forum more media-friendly, say. Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce
    Bruce W Sims
    www.midwesthapkido.com

Likes (received)

Bruce, my thoughts to that and the OP is that this is a forum. It's got lots of ideas and often in getting them all out, it gets messy, as it should.

In fact, it sounds we need a new forum, like what the other Neil started: Dear Dojo Dominatrix, a kind of Ann Landers for the odd things that can 'crop' up in a school.
    --Neil Melancon--

Likes (received)

Hm. Maybe your "advice column" idea could be a sub-forum in the notoriously-invisible one. Jeff can ghost-write it.

Hope those meds are helping, Jeff. Risque jokes aside, I know it's no fun being set back with painful post-surgery recovery. Heal quick.
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
    In fact, it sounds we need a new forum, like what the other Neil started: Dear Dojo Dominatrix, a kind of Ann Landers for the odd things that can 'crop' up in a school.
    Well, why not? We've done "Heloise around the Dojo" - 42 ways to de-stink a gi, getting those icky blood stains off the mats, how to keep the nice creases in a hakama and still wash it ...

I vote Cady as moderator.
    Moi, I am too young and innocent for the job.

Ta,
    mew
    Margaret Welsh

"It's more fun when they do it to themselves." Barbara Hambly

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by mews View Post
    Moi, I am too young and innocent for the job.

Lol! Come on, Margaret, you could grow into the role!
    Cady Goldfield

Likes (received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cady Goldfield View Post
    Lol! Come on, Margaret, you could grow into the role!
    What we really need for a forum like that is someone to crack the whip and keep us on topic, cady. Why lay something like that on Margaret, when you could enjoy the responsibility yourself?
    Trevor Johnson

Low kicks and low puns a specialty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2