Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Announcing: Defend Yourself 101 live!

Likes (received)

Default Announcing: Defend Yourself 101 live!

Hi all,

I am announcing that my new web site, http://defendyourself101.ca has gone live!

It is a "how to" site to show elementary self defence techniques and related principles and strategies to non-martial artists, seniors and women etc. As such, it will look elementary to all you hard chargers, but hey, perhaps you know a beginner who might get something out of it. This is the seed of an organic process that will grow and grow and grow and...oops sorry, I get a little carried away sometimes.

It also show cases my cane video (new one coming in the spring) and my book on Cdn Law and Self Defence.

defendyourself101 is in three parts:

1. On the Home page are the articles that I write about self defence topics in general. Also on the Home page are short teaching videos about the how-to’s of simple and effective self defence. So far these clips are pretty bad and I hope to get upgrades and more done soon.

2. The forum: the place where we can discuss the videos or any other little thing that has caught your attention; necessary corrections, suggestions and, of course, rants for those so inclined!

3. The Reviews page contains reviews of books and videos, on various pertinent topics, that I have read, with direct links to Amazon. I hope to add to this list at least one a week. Both articles and reviews have an RSS feed link if you want to keep up with my blatherings.

The clips are also posted on youtube in the defendyourself101 channel. If you have youtube videos up, let me know where, I can do a subscription or a friend link.
    "Fear, not compassion, restrains the wicked."

Likes (received)

So this website of yours is partially a "teach yourself self-defence" site?
    Fredrik Hall
    "To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous." /Confucius

Likes (received)

Cool, I like old hippies with sticks. BTW, have you thought about doing it in DVD instead of video?
    John Lindsey

Oderint, dum metuant-Let them hate, so long as they fear.

Likes (received)

I have a new version in the works - the old one is so-oooooo bad but I had no money to re-do it. The new one will be dvd, for sure.

Likes (received)

First off: nice website
    Secondly: A teach it yourself website? Do you think it's a good idea? Just wondering, not criticising/flaming anyone here.

greetings, Christophe van Eysendyck

Regards,
    Christophe van Eysendyck.

Likes (received)

Ted,

Nice clean site ! Keep up the good work !
    Prince Loeffler
    Shugyokan Dojo

Likes (received)

A "teach yourself site"? Since this is the second reference, I'll quit ignoring it.

You guys can't see me there, teaching? What am I? Chopped liver?

Likes (received)

My apologies,

I was awake for 24 hours when reading the o.p. and checking out the link.

Again, I'm sorry. There's nothing wrong with your site.

greetings,

C.

Regards,
    Christophe van Eysendyck.

Likes (received)

Ted, great site! Did I miss this over at Budoseek? Lots of good material there; I will be reading for awhile.

I have a question for you. I was looking at your bio, and I wanted to look into the Martial Arts College of the Eurotechnical Research University. I Googled it, and only got two links to your site. Can you direct me somewhere where I can read up on them?

Thanks!

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

Thanks, Jeff,

I got a new clip up called Granny Fights the BulletMan I really like!

I've tried to find the ERu on the net but only ever got people like me who post having received a degree.

I know Richard Kim dedicated his later years to establishing an accredited college for the martial arts, a re-creation of the Busen, but his degrees were not accepted in the US so it never got off the ground.

The ERU was the next best, one level down. He was personally involved in granting the various degrees for Martial Science and Hoplology so I assume he kept up standards. I know you couldn't buy a degree - I never paid a cent.

Likes (received)

Thanks for the info Ted!

I like the idea of Granny Fights! Maybe you could get some sort of reality-tv granny-fights-on-the-street thing going too, along the lines of bum fights.

Hope to hook up with you someday.

Jeff Cook

Likes (received)

I only have on with Granny, but I have quite a few of kids from the dojo. They are up on a youtube channel called (believe it or not) defendyourself101. This channel has more clips than dy101.ca.